Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hjaking

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 19, 2009
Hello,
I recently bought a 2G iphone that was upgraded to a 3.0.
I was trying to reset the phone to the original factory settings. I didn't realize that the phone doesn't charge while doing this and partway through the reset - the battery died.
Now the phone won't charge, won't boot up, nothing. I took it to an ATT store and they couldn't help either...

Baadshah

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2008
Copenhagen
try holding home and power botton for 15 sec and then keep holding power botton and leave home botton for 10 sec. then it should work.

hjaking

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 19, 2009
Holding power and home button

Thanks, i tried that and it didn't work.
I called Apple customer service (amazingly quick service) and they said it must have died while wiping and re-setting the boot up functions and may just be dead.
Going to keep trying

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
Thanks, i tried that and it didn't work.
I called Apple customer service (amazingly quick service) and they said it must have died while wiping and re-setting the boot up functions and may just be dead.
Going to keep trying

So, you're iPhone is charged? I know you were told how to do a DFU Restore, but here is the link for it to make sure you are doing it right:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/603129/

hjaking

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 19, 2009
I kept trying, and couldn't get any results. Finally broke down and took it in for repairs. The unit had run out of power while it was restting and resulted in a software error that was preventing it from booting up. The repair shop was able to wipe it again and re-install the original software.

bebeding

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2011
I know this is an older thread, but I'm going through it right now. How much did they charge for the repair? Trying to decide if it's even worth looking in to... Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.