Please Help : Battery Life Question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mssm, Oct 23, 2007.

1. mssm macrumors newbie

I just got my new ipod touch on 19th. I charged it fully. Listened to some songs watched movies for 2-3 hrs. Then for almost 3 days I didn't turn it on. Today as I turned it on, I saw the low battery symbol (The red battery symbol). :confused:

Is it normal? Did anybody face this problem? What's the remedy? It's a week 41 ipod touch.

2. Vigilante macrumors 6502a

Vigilante

The Touch only has ~5 hours of life while watching videos. Add in some songs and you are already almost there. You might have also left it asleep and not turned it fully off, but either way it should have been at low battery. If you aren't using WiFi, go under Settings and turn it off, that will help save battery.

3. mssm thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the quick reply. I didn't watch the movies fully. Also I forgot to add that I used it on wi-fi for like 45 mins. Thanks for remindinf it..

I remember that I dragged the red slider though... that's how one should turn it of right?

Is it okay to listen to music while it is charging, as I am doing now?

4. Vigilante macrumors 6502a

Vigilante

Yep, that's how you turn it off (some people just push the top button and walk away thinking it's off). It's fine to do everything while charging.

5. mssm thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay, I think I have found the solution. My week 41 iTouch is flawless. I did something wrong. Without a case, I used to carry the iTouch inside the original box that came with it. Due to movement inside the bag, the sleep/wake up was pressed, turning on the touch. It was in that state for 2-3 days which drained off the battery completely.

I charged it fully 4 days back and still it is running with 80% battery strength, though I didn't watch any movie on it.

6. Vigilante macrumors 6502a

Vigilante

Ah, that will do it! Glad you got it worked out.