please help before purchasing (just few things i need to clear up)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Enkay909, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Enkay909 macrumors newbie

so im going to be buying my first macbook pro let alone mac, i want 15 inch model, i was hoping if you guys can help me out with some questions

1. what is the difference between the early 6750m 1gb and the new late 2011 512mb 6750m, i mean besides the ram, is their a performance difference?

2. the glossy screen appeals to me, but does the high res option add anything besides real estate, like does it add more color? or lets say im watching a movie, like a netflix or dvd, will it be better on the high res glossy?

3. this question is just somthing i was hoping to get answered, in bootcamp, i was wondering if any of you guys play league of legends and what kind of fps and settings do you guys use and get, also what vid card?

thx for taking your time with this

2. thundersteele macrumors 68030

1. The graphics card is the same. There is a small difference in the CPUs however - the the late 2011 model has a 2675qm 2.2 GHz i7, while the early 2011 model has a 2720qm 2.2 GHz i7 which is slightly more powerful.

2. I recommend the high-res antiglare. Both glossy screens should be about the same

3. sorry, can't answer that. Check notebookcheck.net they have an incredible amount of benchmarks and gaming performance tests for most macbooks

Note that for gaming, you might want to choose the normal resolution screen for better performance with native resolution.

3. Enkay909 thread starter macrumors newbie

thx, if anyone plays league on it or dota 2 let me know how it handles it :)

4. malman89 macrumors 68000

League of Legends, I assume? I run that on a 5 year old laptop just fine - although in WinXP via Bootcamp. 20-45 FPS no problem.

There is an OSX port, but performance is diminished a bit. FPS is about 8-25, 8 in the midst of intense fights and that is unplayable (lag deaths).

Any 15" version will be able to run that in its sleep practically.