Please help Blank Screen and returns to DFU 3gs

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by navigates, Oct 19, 2011.

1. navigates macrumors 6502a

Hi all. I can't believe I am stuck. I have tried everything. Would really appreciate anyone's help here please.

I have a custom 4.3.3 3gs firmware created through pawnage
    Started Tiny umbrella on mac
    Do the restore on 4.3.3 on itunes and it goes successful and the phone completes and returns back to the blank screen and itunes says restore mode.

I tried kicking it out of recovery but nothing works.

I am trying two 3gs's and both of them are exactly the same. What wrong am i doing please. help :(

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Do you have SHSH blobs save for these phones? if you don't, you can't restore them to 4.3.3 firmware since Apple stops signing this version of firmware.

3. navigates thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes I do have the blobs saved. That's why the restore goes through fine. The whole process completes successfully but then ends with the DFU mode. :(

I have tried kicking it out of recovery and that process goes through fine and ends with DFU mode back again

4. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

which version of TU are you using? For me, TU version 04.30 works but not the later version. So, try that version to exit recovery and see if it works.

5. navigates thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mine is 5.00.12.
    I'll try tiny 4.30 and see

6. navigates thread starter macrumors 6502a

OK Both fixed.

Problem was surprisingly itunes restored without correct keys. I was going up to 4.3.3 for 3gs. On one phone cydia had the key for 4.2.1 and on the other it had 4.1. Downloaded both firmwares created custom and restored fine.

Now the only down side was that I upgraded the baseband for both even though 4.1 was not required.

I got the ECID using the system profiler and created a custom device on tiny.

Thanks all