Please help bootcamp on Leopard, says cant be installed??

Discussion in 'macOS' started by metroid001, Oct 30, 2007.

1. metroid001 macrumors newbie

Hey thanks for putting up with me, i just rushed out to buy the new Leopard osx and I thought bootcamp came with it? I am new to mac so please bare with me. I really love my mac but need to run a windows only business software on it and im sick of my windows only pc! Please help? Where can i find bootcamp on Leopard?:mad:

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

In your Applications folder, there is a Utilities folder. It is in there. You can use Spotlight (the search tool in the top right of your screen) to find anything if you don't know where it is :)

3. metroid001 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply!!!

Its telling me that boot camp cant be installed on my system.. I have 1.8ghz PowerpcG5 ,1 gb ddr sdram, 148 Gb harddisk, model name Imac G5.. please help.. is there any software i could use to be able to use windows software.

4. Steve1496 macrumors 6502a

Steve1496

Unfortunately, you need an Intel based Mac to use Boot Camp. Your only option is Virtual PC 7 emulation...which may or may not work in Leopard. It is very slow as well.

Steve

5. metroid001 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks steve, I will try that.. other wise i just spent 800 bucks for nothing.. ugh.. :confused:

6. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

You'd get better performance buying a PC for the money you spend on Virtual PC. :(

7. metroid001 thread starter macrumors newbie

I know, this sucks.. i wish i knew more about macs.. I just bought leopard for 130 so now im at around 1000 i could have just bought another mac... thanks for your help guys.. pc users would just rip on me!

8. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

9. metroid001 thread starter macrumors newbie

about 2 weeks ago but i bought it off ebay and it looks unbelievable.. 20" wide display very clean, runs great so im thinking cant beat this for 800.. well once again.. i no nothing about mac and im finding lots of problems running anything i need..everything says need intel based mac.. and the guy i bought it off swore up and down he new nothing so it was just not meant to be from step 1.

10. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

You probably should have considered coming to MacRumors first or buying a refurbished Intel Mac.

We would have been more then happy to help with your first Mac experience.

11. metroid001 thread starter macrumors newbie

well i could always resell this one for something especially now since its upgraded to leopard for them.. haha But how much do u think i could pick up a nice one? I dont need top of the line.. i mainly do picture editing and photo work

12. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

A brand new iMac would run $1199 for the low end model.

Even nicer getting it off of Amazon.com tax free and no shipping charge.

13. metroid001 thread starter macrumors newbie

14. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I'm not the only user happy to help.