Please help broken 2013 21.5 glass

N2bnfunn

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 24, 2011
Hello today I cracked my Imac 21.5 glass the computer will run but I have two big lines in the center of the screen.

I can replace it myself I just need to know where I can find a 21.5 screen for a late 2013 Imac.. Thanks for ANY HELP

thedeske

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2013
Hello today I cracked my Imac 21.5 glass the computer will run but I have two big lines in the center of the screen.

I can replace it myself I just need to know where I can find a 21.5 screen for a late 2013 Imac.. Thanks for ANY HELP
Search for the part number or repair pdf on the model. It will not be just the glass, entire panel.

Alekto

macrumors regular
Nov 15, 2012
Tokyo
There are people selling replacement screens on eBay but their prices are steep. I ended up buying mine from Alibaba for a fraction of the cost.

N2bnfunn

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 24, 2011
There are people selling replacement screens on eBay but their prices are steep. I ended up buying mine from Alibaba for a fraction of the cost.
Hello where is Alibaba do you have they website, or where did you find Alibaba?

N2bnfunn

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 24, 2011
Let me know how you get on! Alibaba gets a bad rep from some, but I've found it to be a good source of cheap parts. Just do your due diligence and check the seller's history.
Well thanks for the info the only draw back is the they have OEM and not the genuine LG panels.

DeltaMac

macrumors G4
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
No it not, OEM means no the original part, if you open your IMac LG makes the panels for apple.
Eh, no, OEM means "Original Equipment Manufacturer", which in this case means LG, who makes that panel for Apple - and does, in fact, mean a part manufactured as an original part.
A "compatible" replacement LCD panel, which might be much less expensive than an OEM replacement, may be a universal part that can be adapted to a variety of hardware (some are more successful than others)
OEM will be the same as what a manufacturer uses for replacement, but will probably cost more than "compatible" parts.
However, "compatible" parts are where you might find out that "you get what you pay for"

Johnf1285

macrumors 6502a
Dec 25, 2010
New Jersey
Open any current gen iMac and you'll find OEM parts with the following labels/brands:

LG
Intel
Nvidia
Delta
Samsung
Western Digital
Hitachi
Seagate
Broadcom
Hynix
Foxconn

And probably a few others.

Any parts marketed as OEM for a particular iMac model should indeed be genuine - the same thing used in the factory. I've purchased OEM replacement parts for previous iMac models and there was no way to tell them apart whatsoever...

N2bnfunn

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 24, 2011
Update if you are looking for a IMac panel and don't want to wait, , I got mine from Macpartsonline.com it was brand new and they shipped in 3 days and it works great.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.