Please help!!! Buying an iPhone (hopefully)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Vincent228, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Vincent228 macrumors newbie

Sep 10, 2010
    New York
    Ok hi everyone! I'm 17 and have a job as a cashier I make alittle over $300 every 2 weeks. I want an iPhone sooo bad but I've been reading and even called the 800 number for AT&T and they also said you have to be 18 but I've been reading around here and there are some people that said they're AT&T store didn't care if they were under 18 and still let them buy the iPhone and plan. I want the iPhone 4 with the 74.99$ a month plan I will have the money to buy the iPhone ($199) and the money for the plan per month and the activation fee. I have a checkings and savings account and a visa debit card... I don't know if that helps with anything. Can some please help as to what I should do???!?!?
  2. 184550 Guest

May 8, 2008
    I believe with ATT you must 18 in order to sign the contract.

You also have to submit to a credit check.

Even if you manage to get past the first two items, you'll most likely be charged a rather large deposit fee as you'll have very little, if any, credit history.
  3. Lunarnova macrumors newbie

Jun 27, 2010
    I'm sure AT&T is saying age of 18 because by law minors cannot legally sign or be held to a contract which is exactly what you would be doing by purchasing a phone for $199. Only way around it is to have a parent/relative add you to their plan.
  4. Resevdog macrumors regular

Jul 5, 2007
    Lunarova is correct. It's not an arbitrary rule, its a legal issue where contracts are concerned.