Please help,buying used iphone 3g

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Gadgetholik, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Gadgetholik macrumors newbie

Hi,i intend to buy a used and locked iphone 3g from ebay,but what's keeping me from buying it is the fact that apple only let's a person sync his iphone with a single computer,one can't sync it with multiple computers.So,if i buy the iphone 3g how am i going to sync it with my computer?Please reply as soon as possible any advice, help or tip would be deeply appreciated.

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Personally, I wouldn't buy the iPhone off eBay. I'd buy it off Craig's List so I could inspect the iPhone and to see what I'm actually buying.

You'll have no issues if you sync it your computer. The owner of the iPhone would most likely restore it, so it won't have anything on it. In iTunes just click "sync" when your iPhone is good to.

Do you plan on jailbreaking or unlocking the iPhone?

3. Gadgetholik thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks

Thanks for your reply,as of now i am not planning to jailbreak the iphone, because iOS 4.2 will be out any time this month and i want to wait for it.But if i don't find iOS 4.2 that useful i might jailbreak it.

4. MacBacker macrumors member

I've sold all my previous iPhones on eBay. Look for a return policy or check if PayPal or eBay will refund your purchase if it is not as described. If the phone you are bidding on is 'wiped', then you should have no problem syncing with your computer. Hope this helps.

5. iMpathetic macrumors 68030

iMpathetic

If I were you, I would jailbreak 3.1.3 instead. My 3G is atrocious under iOS 4.