Please Help! Can not use mouse to click on anything!!!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by hedbergm, Aug 25, 2010.

1. hedbergm macrumors newbie

Hi all. i know most people ignore people like me but i need help.

Today i was messing around in system preferences. i was in expose and spaces. I went to choose which shortcut i wanted to use to enable expose. for some reason i had the option of choosing which mouse button to use, there was a list continuing up to 300 of "mouse button 1, mouse button 2, 3, 4, 5... and so on. i wondered what it would do and i pressed on it. i discovered that this button made a setting so every time i click on the mouse, primary or secondary, it opens expose and i cant get it away!!!! ive tried heaps like boot into safe mode delete some files.
    i can use the keyboard to open aplications. i can get to the expose settings but i dont know how i can change the settings just using the keyboard. Luckily i have a guest account which i used to create an admin account (root). i can ssh the mac while logged into my user and open command prompt. i also have file sharing on.
    Does anyone know how to help me??

2. guydude193 macrumors 6502a

Sure. Don't play around with stuff if you don't know what you're doing. ;)

3. 01jamcon macrumors 6502a

01jamcon

You really need screen sharing to be turned on to make it easy. When in expose maybe try tabbing around to see if you can highlight different options?

4. hedbergm thread starter macrumors newbie

ive had a mac for ages.

i know a lot about mac. ive always known what im doing. This was a glitch

5. hedbergm thread starter macrumors newbie

dont work. clicking in screen saver does this too.

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Maybe that's why. If you always know what you're doing and you know a lot about Mac, then you obviously don't need our help. :rolleyes: