Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iEugene

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 18, 2006
AZ
Hello, thanks first off for clicking on this thread, as I am incredibly lost on how to go about solving this.

Three days ago, I came home from work and my Mac suddenly just wouldn't go on the internet, I mean, you click on any browser and it just loads forever and never shows anything. I WAS connected via Blue Tooth to the neighbors wireless internet by accident, however even after disconnecting I still am having no success.

We have had this problem before, but what we normally did was unplug the router and let it sit for a few minutes and then plug everything back in and it would work, however every other computer (even my brother's Wii) is connected and I am not. Is there some kind of network or software failure?

Thanks to ANYONE who helps.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
So now you are connected via.... What? Ethernet cable to a router or cable modem?

Open up System Prefs -> Network -> the interface you are using (e.g. ethernet).

Then click on the assist me button at the bottom and run the network diagnostics. Come back with a list of which bubbles are yellow or red.

iEugene

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 18, 2006
AZ
So now you are connected via.... What? Ethernet cable to a router or cable modem?

Open up System Prefs -> Network -> the interface you are using (e.g. ethernet).

Then click on the assist me button at the bottom and run the network diagnostics. Come back with a list of which bubbles are yellow or red.

Ach! Why didn't I think of that before, thanks man, I'm back online. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.