Please help!!! Cant click with trackpad on a mbp 13 2010

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by yosi199, Aug 25, 2010.

1. yosi199 macrumors member

Hello, I've just got my 2010 mbp 13" which I got from this guy on ebay. It looks to be in a perfect shape but there is one thing I dont understand:

My trackpad can move the cursor but it cannot click on anything! Is it damaged?! or maybe it is a feature I can enable. Please help a newbie!!!

2. jmdMac macrumors regular

Just some guy on ebay? Not a powerseller or anything?
    Sounds like you may have been taken. Unless there is some way to enable the trackpad which I am unaware of.

3. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

system preferences, trackpad.

these are my settings, you actually have to enable click :) - should be on by default tho but anyway.

Attached Files:

4. cwykoff macrumors newbie

The part of the trackpad that you can use to physically click (that actually MOVES) is ONLY the portion on the outside edge (the side away from the keyboard). It is where the old trackpads actually had a separate physical button.

If for some reason that doesn't work, you can attach any USB mouse to get to the system preferences/trackpad to set up multitouch to use a tap to click. You can also tab thru all those preferences and hit the spacebar to check things off.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

5. seydurin macrumors member

I read somewhere that if your trackpad stops working it could be a sign that your battery is expanding, and pushing up on the trackpad from underneath. You should check your battery.

6. No1nfoProvided macrumors 6502

My brother had the same problem with his old Macbook and his click was still working, but it was really squishy. If you're near an Apple store (and still have Apple Care), I would just schedule an appointment and just get them to check it out.