Please help! catch 22 while setting up mac mini!

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by tipman2000, Sep 26, 2011.

1. tipman2000 macrumors member

tipman2000

i have a mac mini that i just wiped and now i'm setting up bootcamp on it. i put it on an ntfs partition, and mac couldnt read that, so i got macfuse, and now i can transfer files. problem is, windows side is useless as it has no drivers for the mac mini hardware, except firewire, which i have no use for. if it even had airport drivers i could do the windows xp "express" update live, but i have to get the full service pack 1 download. i need this to install service pack 3. i need service pack 3 to install the boot camp update which will install all of the mac mini drivers. i tried service pack 2, but it says it needs 4 more megabytes to archive, and refuses to install, even though the drive has 100 gigs free. please help, this is a nightmare. windows side is useless without ethernet, bluetooth, wifi, even basic usb drivers to use my flash drive! basically the only way in is to copy files directly from mac side, but i cant just copy the over the air update onto the pc side as it needs a connection to work. thanks, microsoft! (apple, too)

2. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

Is it possible to download sp3 on the osx side and then copy it over to winxp? I'm sorry if that is a stupid suggestion; I don't remember if they ever offered a stand alone installer exe.

3. rowley macrumors 6502

rowley

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

They do. It's the network administrators version. Just a little further digging and you'll find it.

4. rowley macrumors 6502

rowley

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

In fact

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=24

5. tipman2000 thread starter macrumors member

tipman2000

thanks for the help, thing never got solved so we jus went with win7.

word of wisdom: never downgrade to xp sp1 ever again. microsoft simply does not support it! :eek: