Please help, Cydia wont let me buy anything. (pics)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Mr. Chewbacca, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Mr. Chewbacca macrumors 6502a

Mr. Chewbacca

For the last few days I have not been able to make any Cydia purchases. Ither one of two things happen

1) I click the purchase button and it goes straight to download option. If I try to download it downloads a little information and gives me the two error push messages.

After I click OK on both error messages it prompts me to re-spring and the phone goes back to normal

2) I click on the purchase button and it goes directly to the 500 internal error screen

I have tried both the small button in the upper right and also the larger yellow purchase button in the center. Both have the same results.

Anyone have any ideas? I already tried rebooting. This was also happening with Iconoclasm

Thank you for any ideas :)

Attached Files:

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Well Im glad you were not able to purchase YourTube 2:D
    Its junk, very buggy and doesnt do what its advertised to do.

3. Mr. Chewbacca thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mr. Chewbacca

LOL, I was a bit conflicted and just decided I was giving it to much thought and should just go for it. I like the idea of improving the native apps.

I also got the remix enhancer that works with the ipod and have been glad I did. That and the download manager for safari. Tomtom interface for maps.

I almost forgot all of those features are not native :D

Any idea why I cant buy anything else?

4. Mr. Chewbacca thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mr. Chewbacca

BTW your screen name cracks me up! May be a dumb question but you wouldnt happen to be MuscleNerd are you?

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Lol :D
    I wish I was as good as MuscleNerd but I can probably keep up with him at the Gym:D
    Your Cydia problem is odd though, not sure if Saurik wants you to save your money or something went wrong with Cydia and you need a restore and rejailbreak.

6. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

7. Mr. Chewbacca thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mr. Chewbacca

Looks like I'm not the only one, maybe I'll just give it a few days. If enough people have the same problem I'm sure its something not in my phone.

Ya I figured it might be a stretch but I would be surprised if their weren't at least some of the dev team peeps in this forum.

Humm, my most recent purchase was folder enhancer.. you?

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yep, seems to be a bug or issue with Sauriks purchasing server at the moment.
    Glad its a general issue and not just your phone so you dont have to go thru a restore and rejailbreak etc...
    My last purchase from Cydia was MyWi but that was a while ago and went thru pretty smooth.

9. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

I havent purchased anything for weeks. Have you tried to install any .deb files on your own recently? I tried to install a .deb of shrink, but it is pirate protected so i was just going to buy because its just a buck.
    (Yes i tried some stuff out, I dont want to hear it about "pirating" because I try programs before buying them)

10. Mr. Chewbacca thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mr. Chewbacca

LOL, I dont do lectures, funny thing is I was just adding up what I have spent on apps and its getting close to the price of the phone.

Maybe I should... calm. the. f&#k. down. and stop buying every app I see :)

If I wasnt such a wus about possibly messing my phone up I may have done the try before I buy thing. I miss that about Rock

11. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

You dont need rock to do that 99% of the time, but I cant help you any further than that due to the forum rules :p

12. Sixth Street macrumors member

I also haven't bought anything for awhile, but I was trying to buy Snappy tonight and I got the same error screen as the OP.

13. Mr. Chewbacca thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mr. Chewbacca

Sweet, as much as this sucks I'm glad it wasnt me that messed up the phone :p

I'm sure it will be fixed soon. The money line has to be pretty high up on the priority list for cydia :rolleyes:

14. Dannymonky macrumors member

Dannymonky

I've been getting the same thing now for 3 days. Payment went through finally last night according to emails but App (Resupported4) is not updating as paid for. There was an error on the last purchase screen AFTER I hit confirm so I thought it didn't go through. I need this app to work since my wifes 3GS lost video out w/ the upgrade to 4.1. My kids are flipping out w/o their ipod movies in the car!!!

15. Mr. Chewbacca thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mr. Chewbacca

Ya, I just tried it this morning and the larger purchace button (that says the price) will now bring me to the pay screen but the smaller button in the upper right still brings me directly to the download screen and the error messages.

I'm going to hold off on paying for it till this is resolved.

Hopefully your kids will get video soon :)

16. labman macrumors 604

labman

wow of all the bugs/problems for Saurik to have Apple would never tolerate this! :p ok gotta go to the Apple store and by Beatles Help! latter