Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Other please help decluttr not sending phone back

tm0000

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 29, 2014
Hi everyone!

I'd really appreciate some help. I sent my 11 Pro Max 256 GB to decluttr.com because they were offering the most amount of money. They have a 28 day price lock. Unfortunately they received the item two days late because of the holidays.

When they received the phone, they said it was in perfect condition but they would pay less because it was two days late. I declined their offer and requested for them to mail it back. I received an automated email immediately stating they would send it back and email the tracking number.

I waited a couple days but didn't hear anything from them. I have been sending an email to them every day since then, requesting shipping information. I asked them to at least acknowledge my emails. But I have not received one single email!

It's been 8 days since I declined their offer and have not received one single email. They should at least send me an email saying not to worry and that they will send me my product back.

What should I do? I'd really appreciate some advice. 😭 I'm so worried.

Thanks in advance!

tm0000

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 29, 2014
I'm sorry I forgot to say, there is no contact number on the website! I searched everywhere. The only way to contact them is through email.

Call them. Maybe on the phone they react faster

Comment

now i see it

macrumors 603
Jan 2, 2002
I'd say that this last year that over 90% of the companies I sent email queries to about their product never replied back.
Companies for the most part don't respond to emails anymore. A few do, but from my experience, most don't.

USPS postal mail is barely functioning. I get screwed up deliveries too often.
Be patient. For all you know, decluttr is a company of three people working out of a storage locker and two of them have COVID. At this point- be patient and cross your fingers. Your experience is hardly unusual.

Comment

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
Hi everyone!

I'd really appreciate some help. I sent my 11 Pro Max 256 GB to decluttr.com because they were offering the most amount of money. They have a 28 day price lock. Unfortunately they received the item two days late because of the holidays.

When they received the phone, they said it was in perfect condition but they would pay less because it was two days late. I declined their offer and requested for them to mail it back. I received an automated email immediately stating they would send it back and email the tracking number.

I waited a couple days but didn't hear anything from them. I have been sending an email to them every day since then, requesting shipping information. I asked them to at least acknowledge my emails. But I have not received one single email!

It's been 8 days since I declined their offer and have not received one single email. They should at least send me an email saying not to worry and that they will send me my product back.

What should I do? I'd really appreciate some advice. 😭 I'm so worried.

Thanks in advance!
You have zero leverage. Consider your phone gone. You got scammed.

In the future, never ever do business with a company online that has no way to contact them outside of email. There is a reason for them only using email. Make sure you also do some research before sending products through the mail.

Reactions: UltraInstinct
Comment

Shadowbech

macrumors 604
Oct 18, 2011
Had this happened to me as well with Gazelle, they didn't respond to my e-mails, So I ended up filing with BBB and then they responded back and got my trade in value. Not saying it works every time but.

Reactions: tm0000
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.