Please Help, Did your MacBook come with Scratches?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by jordanapplelove, Mar 8, 2011.

1. jordanapplelove macrumors newbie

Hey, I was going to buy A MacBook Air, the sales clerk opened up 3 MacBook Air's for me because the first 2 had imperfections like dark scratches, and these weird black streaks you could see when you held it in the light. So I purchased the MBA with none of that got it home and it had a dead pixel (Just my Luck).

So now I may be interested in a MacBook because its not Aluminum like the MBP or MBA.

So my question is when you purchased your MacBook (Newest Model) from the store and opened it up for the first time did it come with imperfections like scratches or spots that you'd find on Aluminum or was it near perfect or fine condition?

:apple: Thank You, Jordan :)

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

OCD is a curse. Any computer is going to end up with scratches over time. I wouldn't worry about it, as long as it's not excessive.

3. jordanapplelove thread starter macrumors newbie

Well for the $ I'm spending I want near perfection. But I was just wondering what to expect before I possibly buy the MacBook, did yours come with scratches or imperfections out of the box?

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

If you expect perfection, you're pretty much guaranteed to be disappointed, since no computer is perfect. There were no noticeable flaws in any of the Macs I've bought over the years, but then again, I don't go over them with a magnifying glass, either.

5. jordanapplelove thread starter macrumors newbie

Lucky you, the 3 MacBook Airs I looked at 2 had flaws and the one I took that was fine and it turned out to have a dead pixel, so I returned.