PLEASE HELP, Disk Utility Image

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Linah4, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Linah4 macrumors newbie

Hello,

I am in DESPERATE need of help!! I have been looking into re-sizing my Boot camp partition and found that I should use Winclone in order to do that. I don't know why I did what i did, but I went into Disk Utility, and made an image file out of my Windows partition. So now there is only a .dmg file and my hard drive space dropped 20gb. What did I do? I just want to re-size the partition, and I want it back to how it was before! If I delete that .dmg file, will my windows partition still be there? And now when I try to create an image with Winclone, there are 5 different disks I can choose from, which one is my Windows??

Thanks in advanced to anyone who can help me!!

2. burtjr macrumors newbie

It sounds like you just made an image of your bootcamp partition and its size is 20gigs. Is the Windows partition still there? If so you can delete the windows partition dog file, it is just a copy of your windows partition.

3. Linah4 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, I tried deleting it, it looks like the partition is still there. I am just creating an image with Winclone now. Do you know how exactly I change the size of my boot camp partition now?

By the way thank you so much for replying, I was having a heart attack!