Please help, Does this look normal to you

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by underblu, May 1, 2010.

1. underblu macrumors regular

[​IMG]

the display on my MBP is more flush with the left bezel than the right. See pic. I'd just like to get some feedback as today is my last day to return the MBP. Other than that this MBP has been perfect.

2. underblu thread starter macrumors regular

If you look to the right where the display meets the edge of the bezel. The black border is wider on that side than on the left side where the display is almost flush to the bezel.

3. ValSalva macrumors 68040

ValSalva

I see exactly what you mean. It looks more flush by 2-3 pixels on the left. As a perfectionist myself I could see how looking at this could be annoying. It really depends on what you are able to tolerate.

You could go to the nearest Apple store to see if other MBPs have this kind of uneven screen. If you see some uneven ones - well, I guess that's within normal tolerances. If none of them do you have to decide how much it bothers you.

If you can't tolerate it I suppose you could ask for a replacement. If this screen is free of dead pixels or color casts you might want to pause to determine how much of a problem the uneven screen is for you. The replacement might have other QA problems: dead or stuck pixels, uneven track pad, a unibody that doesn't sit exactly flat, etc. In other words, if it is perfect in every other way you might want to think about keeping it.

4. sandstrom macrumors member

Same for me

Mine look exactly the same, but it doesn't bother me. As long as you don't "lose" anything on the left side it's fine.

5. whitenoise macrumors regular

I can see what you mean, but it looks like you are seeing the whole screen, just that the screen is ever so slightly off centre, (I'm sure I've read about this issue here somewhere else, so maybe look for that thread).

I would think that this is the kinda thing that you won't notice in a week or two.

6. BrianMR macrumors regular

BrianMR

Mine is the same way, maybe a tad less so, but I never noticed it before. Thanks. :p

No big deal.

7. soleilvie macrumors member

8. underblu thread starter macrumors regular

thanks for all the replies. if this is in the range of normal i will probably keep. i guess i'll have to work on my ocd

9. 2contagious macrumors 6502a

2contagious

I actually thought you meant the slight yellowish tint on the bottom left of the screen.. or is that only the angle/from the camera?

10. underblu thread starter macrumors regular

No the lightness at the bottom of the screen is the gradient of the wallpaper

11. 2contagious macrumors 6502a

2contagious

I know, but the bottom left corner looks greenish/yellowish on your photos whereas the bottom right corner looks beige (probably the normal colour of the wallpaper). maybe it's only the photo..

12. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

yep, that's the problem with the new MBP ag screens. The OP never noticed it and now it's going to haunt him. Hahaha the same damn thing happened to me. I got over it though.

13. BenLeong macrumors member

You'd think that Apple's quality control would catch things like this. I know it's minor, but still a disappointment.

14. diablo2112 macrumors 6502

My 15" HR-AG looks exactly the same as the OP. Never noticed before, doesn't both me in the least. Well, until now :)

15. underblu thread starter macrumors regular

Actually the color is dead accurate. Being neurotic I ran all the screen tests. It's probably the crappy iphone camera and the lighting.

16. TxMacAddict macrumors 6502

I think if they had opened this to be a floor model at the apple store it would have been swapped out.. And you should swap it out to. You paid too much to settle for something like this.

Ask why none of their floor models have this problem but yours does.

17. ValSalva macrumors 68040

ValSalva

Good point. That is the bottom line.

18. choco macrumors member

choco

i see what you mean. i'd go to the apple store and ask a genius if this occurs often. the whole paying premium price for a computer makes me expect perfection.

19. Thiol macrumors 6502a

Thiol

This is so funny. I just checked mine, and yes, it's also off-center by a pixel or two. I never noticed it before either! I do, however, agree with the general consensus. If it bothers you, ask for a replacement. It clearly never bothered me :)

20. underblu thread starter macrumors regular

Well sure enough went to the Apple store they pulled out a brand spanking new unit and it had the same issue. Plus it had a tiny scratch.

So I'm keeping the one I have. At least i know it doesn't have any scratches, dead pixels, yellow tint, bluetooth or wifi issues and it stays nice and cool.

21. TxMacAddict macrumors 6502

22. tflournoy95 macrumors 6502

ummm luck of the draw?

23. underblu thread starter macrumors regular

yep 17 great display btw very vibrant much better than the samsung lcds i use with my desktop.