iPad Please help...don't want to restore

Discussion in 'iPad' started by falconb, May 22, 2013.

1. falconb macrumors member

GUUUUUUYS PLEAAASE HELP

I have an iPad and I don't Password-protect it at normal days
    but few days ago I had guests staying at my house for three days
    and before they came I knew they would have their kids with them which is dangerous to my iPad

so before they arrived I took my iPad and locked it with Passcode -ON RUSH-.

I didn't use my iPad for the entire three days

when they left i took my iPad and it's just like somebody deleted my memory. I can't remember one digit

**the problem is that I Don't want to restore it Because it is filled with videos, photos, documents and MEMORIES that I don't want to get rid of and I never backed them up**

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Most people don't choose some rando numbers. Do you not have a 4-digit sequence of numbers that you use frequently?

I think there is a way to bypass the passcode, but I don't know how, sorry.

3. WesCole macrumors 6502a

If you have access to a Windows PC, try SharePod. I am not sure if it will work with the iPad locked, but it is worth a shot. Hope you learned to always keep your important documents backed up. :(

4. falconb thread starter macrumors member

yes that's the strange thing because i'm sure it meant something but i just can't remember
    thanks jessica

i hope it works
    and yes, i've learned
    you're absolutely right
    and i had it the hard way :(

5. Prawnstar69 macrumors regular

There are 2 ways, one is to keep trying the digit if it gets disabled just wait or connect to iTunes and it should be open again and u can keep trying ( I think u have to click sync then cancel that might work to remove the disable part).

Second, u can use any backup extractor and u can extract any documents from a backup or your iPad.

6. falconb thread starter macrumors member

okay I have two questions then

one: when i finish all my attempts the iPad will show "Connect to iTunes".
    at this Point should the iTunes be the same iTunes that the iPad used to sync with or any iTunes will do ?????

two:can you please at least name one back-up extractor that can back up the data with the Passcode locked???

thaaaank you very much guys for helping me

7. darngooddesign macrumors G3

I just turned on my passcode lock and PhoneView (Mac) shows me access to my content. But I'm jailbroken so that may have something to do with it.

8. Mainbeam macrumors newbie

Mainbeam

Use Senuti software to extract music, video, books etc :)

9. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

It must be the iTunes it was last synced with.

10. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

1. STOP TRYING RANDOM CODES. You could end up disabling your iPad or worse if you accidentally turned on the auto wipe you could trigger it.

2. if you have been syncing it to a computer plug it into that same computer. iTunes on that computer may recognize the connection to the computer from previous backups/syncs and let you make a backup of the data (which never includes lock screen pass codes)

3. Next time folks come over with kids either back it up and wipe it to keep them out of your stuff or put the dang thing away so they can't find it. It's not your responsibility to provide them with toys to play with, especially expensive ones like an iPad. it's their parents job. Anyone that gives you grief cause they know you have an iPad and won't let Junior play with it can just get over it

11. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

The only way to bypass passcode is to restore it to a backup without a passcode.