Please help dual boot lion/windows 7!!

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by bc4006a, Oct 16, 2012.

1. bc4006a, Oct 16, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2012

bc4006a macrumors newbie

Hey guys so I'm in a jam right now. I successfully installed Lion on my dell inspiron n5050 with no problems. I am trying to dual boot, and have two partitions. One partition has lion on it, and the other has windows 7. I installed windows 7 first, then booted with unibeast and installed lion. When I installed snow leopard, it automatically installed a version of chameleon with it. When I installed lion, I couldn't use the bootloader on the hd that was placed there by my snow leopard build to boot into lion, and had to use the unibeast boot loader on my flash drive that I created to get into lion. I then installed multibeast for post installation for lion and then installed the chimera bootloader. When i restart the computer, the apple logo flashes, and then restarts, and i don't know why. I didn't install any extra kexts, just the bootloader, as I wanted to isolate the problem without adding any more kexts. I don't get a kernel panic when i use unibeast, but when I use the chameleon bootloader from sl i get a panic, and also get an automatic reboot right when the logo flashes. I re installed and the same thing happened, I don't get it! So now i'm thinking that I need to use a different bootloader. I found chameleon 2.0 or 2.2.pkg online to install onto the lion partition, would this work?? I'm at my wits end, I've been working on this for days and countless hours, please help someone! I'm somewhat of a noob too. I want to dual boot, and none of the guides make sense to me. I tried easybcd, but all that did was boot into the snow leopard chameleon boot loader, which of course cant boot lion. What do i DO???????????????????

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

You will have better luck getting help on the hackintosh forums.