Please Help - Epson NX420 and Mavericks

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by unsolvedmistere, Nov 24, 2013.

1. unsolvedmistere macrumors member

My Epson NX420 was working on Mavericks before I did a fresh install of Mavericks. However, now I can't get anything to print.

The Epson website states that the drivers are only available through Apple's software update. However, nothing appears on Apple's software update.

I try adding a new printer, which recognizes a nearby printer, "EPSON2111AA (Epson Stylus NX420). However, I cannot click "add" because it is greyed out. It states, "Software for this printer isn't available from apple. Contact the printer's manufacturer for the latest driver."

I have also tried selecting one of the pre-installed drivers from the pulldown menu in the add printer window. However, none of those drivers will allow anything to print correctly either.

Please help.

2. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

3. unsolvedmistere thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for responding. Unfortunately, the driver is NOT available at the link you provided. If you click the driver menu, it states "The latest printer drivers for this product is available from Apple's Software Update. Here's how to get them:" and the instructions fail.

Still can't get my printer to print. Any ideas/thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

4. troy14 macrumors 6502a

Do you have the printer plugged in via USB by any chance?

I googled various drivers for ya - this one looks like it links directly to an Epson FTP server. I'd try it.

http://www.driversepson.com/epson-nx420-driver/

Or this:

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1398?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

5. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Yep, I see that now. If it's not in HT3669, it's not available yet from Apple. I'd call Epson & verify that they have in fact given Apple updated drivers for 10.9 - if so, it may just be "in the system" waiting to be set up for downloads through Apple.

6. unsolvedmistere thread starter macrumors member

Honestly, I didn't check out your links, but I did the same thing. I found the most up-to-date driver I could download off of google and installed it. For the time being, my printer works. So, even if there is an update out there, I don't really care right now. Thank you for the response though!

----------

Although I got my printer to work, the communication between these two large companies is a joke.... Company A says its only available from Company B. Company B says its not available and to contact Company A.... pretty ridiculous if you ask me.

7. troy14 macrumors 6502a

While you have a thread up.. if you're on this forum you probably are a little savvy.

Just a heads up - I would look into refilling your cartridges! You'll save a BUNDLE of money and the print quality is equal (providing you use semi decent ink). inkjetcarts.us, precisioncolors.com, and inkproducts.com are all reliable and great sites

8. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

I see that though you found a driver, you want the Apple provided driver. The first thing I would try is to reset the printing system. To do this go to Apple -->System Preferences-->Print & Scan. Now you should see your printer in a white space. Hold down control and click on the white. An option to "Reset Printing System" should pop up. Select that and give it a try!

Attached Files: