PLEASE help - finding colored keyboard cover for mentally ill friend - early 2011 13" MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by CrashX, Jan 28, 2016.

1. CrashX, Jan 28, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2016

CrashX macrumors regular

I'm caring for someone with - she can't "abide" her keyboard. I've checked out Kuzy, etc. - I can't seem to find a colored keyboard cover that will fit her early 2011 13" MBP. If anyone can help provide a link or a better search term than "early 2011", it would be GREATLY appreciated.
    Thanks VERY much for any help on this. Every cover I've bought her so far has not fit the layout of her keys. But she would prefer a "buckled" cover than see the keys that disturb her.
    It's really driving ME nuts - any ideas on alternate search terms (model number, whatever) so I can FIND a suitable colored cover for her would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you!

2. JTToft macrumors 68040

Assuming US layout, there you go. It lists only 2012 onwards on the top, but further down it lists all unibody models. The keyboards are identical.

3. CrashX, Jan 28, 2016

CrashX thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks - I'm REALLY hunting "further down", still not finding her model. Does it have an AXXXX number that might help?
    Seriously, thank you again for your help - I'm looking further down, but not finding anything but the last listed 2012.
    Your signature denotes you have an Early 2011 15" - would the keyboard cover that fits your 15" fit her 13"?

Seriously, I've been at this for a week - ordering and returning. Thanks so VERY MUCH for any further help. I apologize if I'm being an idiot and missing what you're denoting is further down. Thanks VERY MUCH!

4. JTToft macrumors 68040

- It doesn't specifically list Early 2011, but the A1278 model number denotes all unibody 13" MacBook Pros (Mid '09 to Mid '12). Besides, the keyboards on all the unibody machines are identical, across screen sizes, with only slight labelling differences across the years.

5. CrashX thread starter macrumors regular

THANK YOU! But geezus... I type in A1278 in Amazon and AGAIN presented with the same keyboard covers for the wrong models. In the link you previously provided, is there a choice for a Kuzy that fits her computer? This has been giving me absolute fits. I greatly appreciate your help. I don't understand WHY Amazon search just keeps throwing junk at me that doesn't match the search. I'd buy used/outlet, whatever just to appease her, get her a colored keyboard and have this issue cleared up for her.
    I live in a large city, so I can just walk into a Best Buy WITH her computer - it's just that the "associates" don't seem to have a clue either.
    Thanks very much for your patience and all of your help. At least I have a model number now. So THANK YOU. She prefers pink or light blue - but I think any "light pastel" will appease her. She has a problem with dark colors, for whatever reason - it is what it is...

6. JTToft, Jan 28, 2016

JTToft macrumors 68040

- Amazon has a tendency to lump a bit too many variations of products in with each other on the same page, resulting in confusion. And the link I posted seems to have a life of its own... I could have sworn I posted Amazon.com, but now I'm getting .co.uk. And the colour options disappeared.

Let's try again: http://www.amazon.com/Kuzy-Keyboard...=8-1&keywords=kuzy+macbook+pro+keyboard+cover

There's a pinkish red colour as well as a pastel blue. They should all fit your desired machine according to what's listed.

7. CoastalOR macrumors 68000

CoastalOR

8. CrashX thread starter macrumors regular

I seriously can't thank both of you enough. I'll be placing the order tomorrow (today - didn't post last night) with the model description as provided.

I greatly appreciate your patience and help in finding a solution that makes her happy! I'll keep my fingers crossed that they'll be kind enough to ship the correct cover :) - and this rather huge dilemma will have come to a happy ending.

Hope both of you have a wonderful weekend!