please, help. folder glitch/error?

TinaBelcher

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 23, 2017
hello.

2 days ago I experienced something very strange. I created a folder and put some files into it. then after exiting and opening the folder again I was unable to see anything inside the folder. The files aren't lost (yet) as I can search for them with spotlight and open them. I deleted the folder thinking it was a one time problem. Yesterday, it happened again when I made a new folder to put some class assigments into. I'm starting to freak out as I don't want to loose my files and notes..I'm afraid to create any new folders. I tried duplicating and moving it to dropbox and the folder was still unaccessable.

I tried taking screenshots but weirdly enough everything looks fine and viewable in the screenshot, so I had to take the pic with my phone. (i blured out some of my homeswork, obviously)

Attachments

PBG4 Dude

macrumors 68030
Jul 6, 2007
You will probably get a better response asking your question in the macOS forums here. There’s a forum for each of the recent versions of macOS so that would be a better place to ask since your question seems to be software related.

Fishrrman

macrumors P6
Feb 20, 2009
OP:
A suggestion:
BACK UP YOUR IMPORTANT WORK.

Get a USB flashdrive.
Format it to HFS+ with journaling enabled.
Then, put a copy of the folder (or multiple folders) that have your files in them on the flash drive, as well.

If you lose something on the computer's drive, it will still be there on your backup!