Please Help Forgot Iphone 3G Password!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by EvilCastillo, Aug 11, 2009.

1. EvilCastillo macrumors newbie

Hey Guys

Heres my story Well today i was with my wife out to lunch and the IT Girl from my job at the new york department of ed called my phone she told me that i needed to sync my iphone to the network so they could update my contacts i told her its ok my Iphone never had a passcode, never not even the 4 number pin or as i seen on the train the word lock pin so i gave her my phone and when i get my phone back its locked with some type of password i asked her what the hell she done she told me that she had to install a password on my phone i was like WTF! now i cant even get yo my phoen all i could do is just answer my phone i cant even read my text or my e-mails can you guys help me and try to fix this or should i take it to apple and see what they can do ?? pls e-mail me dakid989@hotmail.com thank you so much

2. GeekGirl* macrumors 65816

GeekGirl*

3. kate-willbury macrumors 6502a

there's no way you are married with your terrible grammar. i feel bad for your wife.

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Just hook it up to your computer and restore from a backup.

5. iFerd macrumors 6502a

I assume she knows what password she installed. Ask her for it. Otherwise, so far as I know, you will need to restore as a new phone and reinstall everything.

I have read somewhere that the iPhone security isn't very strong, though, so there may be a backdoor for you. In any case, asking what she used for the password seems to me like the easiest way to handle this.

Does your office like practical jokes?
    Actually, if that works, it's a much better idea than restoring as a new phone. That is, unless your prankster will give you the pass code she installed.

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

As long as this really is your phone, you shouldn't have to restore as new as long as you connect to the computer that you sync from. See this thread:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=356665

just restore from a backup as I said above. That should clear the password setting. If not, set up as new

7. tremlock macrumors 6502a

tremlock

8. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-