Please help! [hard drive malfunction]

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by renzoako, Aug 14, 2013.

1. renzoako macrumors newbie

Hi, hopefully someone can help me. The past few days, my Macbook Pro has been acting up recently and then today I ran an extended test on my Mac. Unfortunately when the test was over, an error came up "4HDD/30/40000005:SATA(0,0)". I looked online and saw that it was a hard drive malfunction. I don't see how this is possible because of how young my Mac is: A Mid-2012 Model, 13 inch, got it for Christmas 2012. I'm thinking of going to my nearest Apple store and see if they can fix it because I am still under the one year limited warranty, but hopefully someone can tell me other solutions. I've tried resetting the computer, but that makes it worst and it's an absolute pain when I do try to reset it. Any thoughts?

2. wonderspark macrumors 68030

wonderspark

I'd save yourself some major hassle, and slap a nice Samsung or Crucial SSD in there yourself. Super easy, longer battery life, so much faster, and you don't have to worry about spinning drives getting damaged by bumps so easily. You don't need that Apple Store Genius! Be your own genius! :)

3. Zanaros macrumors newbie

Zanaros

Macbook

I had a similar problem with my 2012 Macbook Pro that I received for Christmas, I thought my hardrive had failed. I tried all the steps to solve the problem but I had no luck. I took it to the Apple store and it turns out it was just a faulty SATA cable, they replaced it for free and I didn't loose any data at all, it's probbaly worth booking an appointment :)

4. renzoako thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your input! Really brightened my mood and hopefully I'm as lucky as you were. I'll try to visit an Apple Store this weekend.