PLEASE help - How to uninstall Final Cut Studio 2???

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Miss Mandy Mac, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Miss Mandy Mac macrumors newbie

I can't find any documentation on this *anywhere*!! Can someone please tell me what all I need to delete to completely uninstall Final Cut Studio 2 and all it's programs??

(Why can't Mac have uninstallers??!:()

Please, please help...

2. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

Just use spotlight to search for all the application names for the relevant applications. then have a hunt around your library directories and delete everything there.

3. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

Or you could try AppZapper which does that for you.

Or, as it could be described... an Uninstaller. ;)

4. vandlism macrumors 6502

My first question would be why you'd want to get rid of it. Anyways there are a few items to get rid of. First, the applications (FCP, DVDSP, Soundtrack, Color, Motion...), their preferences, as well as their folders in Application support, and Soundtrack has music files in a folder named Apple Loops. It gets tricky there as Garageband also uses those loops. Also, AppZapper is nice but it misses a lot of folders most of the time. I think it essentially does a Spotlight search so anything without the programs name gets missed. It fulfills most of my needs though.