Please help: how's the F1 key on your Macbook PRO 15?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by billmister, May 5, 2010.

1. billmister macrumors 6502

Quick question. Yesterday i got a macbook Pro 15" i7 and i played around with it a little by installing all the apps and stuff. Then since it was getting late i went to sleep and then next day (today) got the ghost armor installed (LOVE IT).

Well today after 6 hours or waiting for it to heal a bit i start it up and it's great.

BUT...

When i press the F2 key, the brightness goes up. I press it again, and it goes up one more level. I wait 5 seconds and press it again and it goes up again which is normal.

BUT...

When i press the F1 Key, i see the brightness, then i press it again and it goes down one level. Then i press it again and nothing happens, then i press it again and it goes down again. Is this a feature?

Is anyone else's macbook pro i7 doing this?. It's like i have to press F1 key 2 times to make it go down one level. where as the F2, everytime i press it, it goes up.

Please let me know. Thank

2. billmister thread starter macrumors 6502

FIXED It!!!

So i went to the system pref's. Clicked on display, and then when i DE-SELECTED automatically ajust brightness as ambien light changes, it works just fine!

But when it's selected, it takes 2 times... And i'm in a dark room.

Now that i look at it, my 7 key is slighly dimmer then the other numbers. Anyone else?.... Just wondering.

But i fixed the first issue. Just wondering if anyone else's 7 button is slightly dimmer then the other numbers