Please help I Deleted DKPG folder.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Nkhan91, Jun 25, 2016.

1. Nkhan91 macrumors newbie

Ok so my iPhone 6s+ has been jailbroken on 9.0.2 and has been running smooth since I did it. I wanted to try out some new themes so I downloaded anemone and a them called rein. After downloading this my phone started to respring like a few times an hour if I was using it. If I wasn't on my phone it would still respring or be all black until I did a hard reset. So I deleted the theme and anemone thinking this would help but it didn't. So I deleted all packages and jailbreak tweaks, that didn't work. I don't know what possessed me to play with ifile but I did, I thought it was a memory leak so I tried the trick where you set the value to -1 so the phone wouldn't respring if something was eating up the memory, that didn't work. So I'm looking in my ifile var/lib and I'm looking around and I see the 4 folders apt cydia dpkg misc. There I saw 4 or 5 files when clicked opened up my app for wechat so like a dumbass I deleted them. Now when I open cydia it was saying that I needed to update these 8 files which I've come to find out are .deb files. When I try to install them I get DPKG_Locked or I get "Couldn't configure pre-depend dpkg for ncurses, probably a dependency cycle". So researching and trying to install the deb files manually didn't work. I found a tutorial saying you can delete your DPKG file and copy one over from another jailbreak and once again I didn't do due diligence and ask that person if they were still jailbroken......they arent. What should I do??? Is cydia ****ed and I should just update or any way to fix this?

Oh btw no more resprings.

2. Deetlebug89 macrumors member

I don't know the answer to your question unfortunately, but next time just put the iPhone in safe mode ( power it off then turn back on holding the volume up button) then delete whatever was causing your problems and you wouldn't have any troubles like this... But I hope you sort it all out and don't have to lose your jailbreak because of it
    --- Post Merged, Jun 26, 2016 ---
    Also sorry I missed the part where you said you tried to delete the tweaks before venturing into ifile

3. Nkhan91 thread starter macrumors newbie

None of the tweaks did it solely it was a mix of some type of cydia glitch or dpkg error because I deleted allllll tweaks and it was still happening. Until I deleted the dpkg folder that's when it stopped.

4. bufffilm, Jun 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2016

bufffilm macrumors 601

bufffilm

If Cydia still works, try Cydia impactor to remove JB and then try JBing again.

If Cydia not working, you are SOL in which case , I'd erase and restore. Of course, you lose the JB but at least you might JB again if one is released.

And the next time you have a problem, ask for help. You clearly aren't as smart as you think to try it alone. That's how you got into this mess.