Please help! I have a problem with my new HD

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Dionysus.ms, Apr 29, 2011.

1. Dionysus.ms macrumors newbie

Hi guys, I have a late 2009 MacBook pro 15" with 500GB HD @ 7200 rpm.
    My hard drive crashed so I got a new 500GB @ 5400 rpm and also a seagate HD (the original one was seagat) then I tried to install snow leopard but neither the installation nor the disk utility could recognize my new hard drive. Even at the system profile, it doesn't appear there.
    But when I put it into an enclosure at plugged it into USB port the IATA lagoon recognize it normally and I try to install leopard OS onto it, and it just worked but when I put it inside the Mac, it wouldn't recognize it.

I tried to use another hard drives, I tried an original Sony vaio 250GB, well it can be recognized also I put the new hard drive into the vaio and it worked there too.

Please any one could know what the problem might be?

2. Cpt.N00B macrumors newbie

If disk utility can't find the HD in sidebar, it's probably you didn't plug it in correctly. Since the it worked externally, I doubt it's a failed HD. You should try and return it. If not keep it and use it in the enclosure. Get a 120 gb SSD and put it into your macbook pro. Makes you mac fly.

3. Dionysus.ms thread starter macrumors newbie

I treid it

Thank you for your reply, there is no problem with the connection because I checked it like 100 times and redo the whole process even more :(