Please help. I have to take iPad in

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by rapidj, Sep 3, 2010.

1. rapidj macrumors regular

I have an iPad with 3.2 and is Jailbroken with Spirit. I have to take it back to Apple for possible replacement. When I go to restore back to factory settings, I get a dialog box that says it will restore to most recent firmware 3.2.2.

From what I understand, 3.2.2 can't be jailbroken which is what I want to do after I get back from the Apple store. Of course if they give me a new iPad, it will likely have 3.2.2, correct?

Can I go back to 3.2 from 3.2.2? Either with my current iPad or one that they give me? Please help me understand. I've been researching and can't get a clear answer

thanks

2. newdeal macrumors 68020

I would just download 3.2.1 from a torrent site and put it in dfu mode to restore. To selectyour firmware you need to hold option while clicking the restore button and then selecting the location. I wouldn't upgrade to 3.2.2 if you depend on the jailbreak it's too risky

3. rapidj thread starter macrumors regular

If Apple store replaces my iPad, won't it come 3.2.2? If so, can I still downgrade to 3.2.1?

Also if I download 3.2.1, where is a safe place to download it from?

4. The Catalyst macrumors 6502

If the Apple store replaces your ipad and gives you a new one with 3.2.2 on it, then you'll be stuck on that new firmware. You won't be able to roll it back to an earlier one, and will just have to wait for a new jailbreak version to arrive. (and that probably won't happen until OS 4.x gets released).

5. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

I would never recommend downloading firmware anywhere else other than Apple. There's nothing risky about updating to 3.2.2, you can't jailbreak it. No risk if you know the outcome. :)

Yes it'll most likely come with 3.22, no you wouldn't be able to downgrade it.

Apple?

6. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

IF you have your SHSHs saved for 3.2 or 3.2.1, you can just restore clean to 3.2.2 take to the Apple store and if they fix your problem and you get back the "same" iPad, you just go home, restore to 3.2.1 (or 3.2.0) and re jailbreake.

Now, if they replace it, you will get an iPad with 3.2.2 (I had to replace mine last week, and now I am stuck with 3.2.2), in that case you are stuck until the new jailbrake is release, no really a work around to that one. sorry.