Please help (i hit erase all content and settings iphone 4.2.1 greenpoison)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ThomasJ20, Oct 19, 2011.

1. ThomasJ20 macrumors member

I was stupid and hit erase all content and settings trying to clean my phone to give to a friend. Now my iphone 4 (ATT 4.2.1) just loops and gets stuck at the greenpoison logo.

I tried running ifaith, did the blobs, and tried to build the ipsw, but it always crashes halfway doing that.

I then tried to use snowbreeze and build a 4.2.1 to perserve baseband, and whenever I hit restore in itunes, I get a 3194 error.

I used to have the shsh blobs from cydia, but my computer crashed, so I was screwed.

Is there anyway I can get back to a firmware that is jailbroken and unlockable? I really need some help and thanks.

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

hate to say it but i think you hit that one button you were not suppose to hit

3. ThomasJ20 thread starter macrumors member

What can I do? Is there any way I can save it?

4. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

when i got my new computer i plugged in, made sure in tiny umbrella, get blobs from cydia(or however its labled) was checked and than stat tss server and save blobs and they all downloaded to my new computer, that might help you get your blobs back

5. ThomasJ20 thread starter macrumors member

ok, and is there another way to get back as well. And if I have to go to 4.3.5, can it be jailbroken and unlocked?

6. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

4.3.5 is a theether jailbreak, the unlock is based on your baseband so as long as your preserve it than yes the unlock even works on the teather 5.0 as long as its preserved

7. ThomasJ20 thread starter macrumors member

ok well I guess thats good. So how would I go about persevering the baseband? Mine was 3.10.... something???

8. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

this site will help you with your questions

http://www.iclarified.com/

9. ThomasJ20 thread starter macrumors member

I dont mean to be spoon feed, but can you pinpoint me into the right direction, I have a phone thats stuck at the greenpoision logo, how can I perserve the bb? Thanks

10. ThomasJ20 thread starter macrumors member

Anyone can help me, I literally been sitting here, trying to figure out the next step.

11. Grrreen poison macrumors newbie

iphone 4, jailbroken and unlocked, ios 4.2.1 stuck on greenpoison logo

Hello thomaj

I am hoping you can give me some advice, i have an iphone 4, 32 GB jailbroken and unlocked, ios 4.2.1 stuck on greenpoison logo most of the time, apple logo will show up sometimes.

i tried to hit 'restore my iphone to factory settings' right from the phone settings, the progress bar was displayed then the phone got stuck on green poison logo it's been 2 days now am phoneless.. that's when u know how dependent u have become to ur phone :( please please let me know if u fixed the pb if yes how ? i dont care about the ios version all i care about is to be able to use my iphone.
    Big thanks

12. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

There is no "restore my iphone to factory settings" button on the phone. There's an "erase all content and settings" something you must NOT press on a JB iphone.
    What you will need to do to save your unlockable baseband is create a custom 5.1.1 ipsw with redsnow, put your iphone in "pwned" dfu more and restore by selecting that custom no_bb ipsw you created with redsnow.

13. Dark Dragon macrumors member

try that...

try entering safe mode, turn off your device(hold both home and power buttons,it will reboot, keep holding, it will turn off again, make sure it wont turn again, then release buttons) now, while turning it on again, hold the volume+ Button, it would take some time, but isn't it worth it to get your device back again?, okay it will show a respring wheel then, if it did, then your succed, remove the tweak or app that you think it caused the problem, and (ReBoot) :)

Heard it from:Barisaykut