Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

prnino3813

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 26, 2009
hello all,

i have a 3g 16g iphone i have jail broken 2.2 before and restored to its original factory 2.2 by mistake i went through the pwnage tool and it finished fine. then i put the phone into dfu mode and tried to restore using custom restore on itunes THEN INTHEMIDDLE OF THE PROSSES MY BATTERY DIEDED ON ME, SO I HAD TO RESTORE IT BACK TO ORIGINAL 2.2 AGAIN. well it starts pulling the CUSTOM RESTOR program TO REHACKE IT but as soon as it dose that it comes up with an error message saing it could not restore. i tried redoing it plenty of times. Re-downloaded pwnage & the ipsw file but no dice still getting the error message what am i doing wrong i even re-downloaded itune on my mac but still error message. DO I NEED THE BOOTLOADERS FOR I PHONE 3G. CUZ I DID ERASE THEM FROM MY MAC.

please help im going nuts with this here and all i want to do right now is use it as an i touch untill my turbo sim comes in plus i want the installer//sl

notintheleast

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2008
NC
hello all,

i have a 3g 16g iphone i have jail broken 2.2 before and restored to its original factory 2.2 by mistake i went through the pwnage tool and it finished fine. then i put the phone into dfu mode and tried to restore using custom restore on itunes like normal. well it starts pulling the program but as soon as it dose that it comes up with an error message saing it could not restore. i tried re doing it plenty of times. Re-downloaded pwnage & the ipsw file but no dice still getting the error message what am i doing wrong i even re-downloaded itune on my mac but still error message. DO I NEED THE BOOTLOADERS FOR I PHONE 3G. CUZ I DID ERASE THEM FROM MY MAC.

please help im going nuts with this here and all i want to do right now is use it as an i touch untill my turbo sim comes in plus i want the installer//sl

If you are on MAC OS X 10.5.6 DFU mode will not work without modifying your USB files (everyone I read who tried it says not to) or using a powered USB 2.0 hub. Are you on 10.5.6? Have you tried a USB hub?

If you are and you don't have USB hub you can back up the phone on your mac and JB on another computer then sync back to the mac.

prnino3813

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 26, 2009
If you are n mac os x 10.5.6 DFU mode will not work without modifying your USB files (everyone I read who tried it says not to) or using a powered USB 2.0 hub. Are you on 10.5.6? Have you tried a USB hub?

If you are and you don't have USB hub you can back up the phone on your mac and JB on another computer then sync back to the mac.

no i have a ibook g4 nothing like that havent even updated i bit just itunes running 10.4 what wzs it i think tiger

Tokiopop

macrumors 68000
Dec 6, 2008
West Yorkshire, UK
Yeah, definitely try not to have pages full of apps when you do it. JB does not like lots of apps.....

I think it's because QuickPwn/PwnageTool need the Phone to have a certain amount of space free, for when it flashes it and um... stuff :D Might be something else, not sure. Just have at least a couple of gigs free, and now loads of pages.

The best way to JB is probably to backup the Phone, restore, JB it, then put all your files back on.

prnino3813

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 26, 2009
Have you tired QuickPwn? Also, do you have a lot of apps on the phone?

no no apps other than original and the instalers that it had goten from pwnage tools the first time.

tryed it too didnt work still error message for now i just want it to get off emergency call mode i had music but it all got deleted when i did a compleate restore back to original

prnino3813

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 26, 2009
Restore it.

i did restore it but i dont have att so i cant get back to the reg menu but from what i saw its all gone. did a full 2.2 restore from itunes just cant costum restore it any more it keeps coming with error message every time i try putting new pwnage restore.

ill try using quick pwan again

Pixellated

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2008
i did restore it but i dont have att so i cant get back to the reg menu but from what i saw its all gone. did a full 2.2 restore from itunes just cant costum restore it any more it keeps coming with error message every time i try putting new pwnage restore

Shift click restore with the custom IPA in iTunes (Cmd click on OSX).

prnino3813

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 26, 2009
Shift click restore with the custom IPA in iTunes (Cmd click on OSX).

did that but it come up with error (0026)
itune wont let it go through as soon as it pulls it up an trys to install it gose to error and cansels it and then i have to disconect and reconect usb so itunes can find phone

do you think a turbo sim will help or at leats work

I THANK EVERY ONE FOR ALL YOUR HELP I HOPE I CAN FIX THIS PROBLEM. BUT I NEEDED TO KNOW DO I NEED THE TWO EXTRA FILE FOR 3G IPHONE I THINK THEY WERE LIKE G46 & E39 FILE OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.