PLEASE HELP! I need a telephone conversation recording...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by petemwah, Mar 6, 2009.

1. petemwah macrumors regular

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone could help, I'm doing my music dissertation at the moment (at Oxford Brookes University) and for one of my compositions I'm doing a musical interpretation of a telephone conversation. The trouble is that I am unable to find any on the internet or record one (as I have an unjailbroken iPhone). Would anyone here have an MP3 of an actual telephone conversation that they'd be willing for me to use as part of my dissertation? I would be most grateful and would of course give you an acknowledgment in my introduction.

many thanks,

peter x

2. Leareth macrumors 68000

Leareth

A good source may be the sound clips of ambient sounds, i know there are packs where they have phone conversations in multiple languages, my local library has Cd of stuff like this, maybe your local or school library does too ?

You could always do a Jerky Boys conversation :)

3. MLeepson macrumors 6502

4. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

5. petemwah thread starter macrumors regular

thank you so much for that, that's exactly the kind of stuff i'm looking for, really appreciate the link. i'm going to try to find something with a little less background noise but REALLY appreciate your help x

6. petemwah thread starter macrumors regular

lol to jerky boys! i'm trying to keep it slightly serious. yeah the good thing about studying in oxford is having access to the bodleian library. it keeps a copy of EVERYTHING copyrighted (all written and most audio) in the UK so gonna check there tomorrow. but thank you for your advice! it's a toughie, cos just looking for a simple conversation and most samples i've found have been specific events/moments rather than a 'telephone conversation'. thanks very much for your help x

7. petemwah thread starter macrumors regular

dude your link is fantastic! thank you so much, i'm checking them out now... it looks to be a GREAT source! would be really interested to hear of the links of the pieces you were talking about, and yes, of course, as soon as the dissertation has been marked i shall upload a copy of the piece (stupid, but a friend of mine got originally done for plagiarism. she uploaded a copy of her work before it had been marked, and they found it and did her for plagiarism!!! stupid eh?! she got off in the end, they accepted her argument, but it's something i wish to avoid). but yes, shall let you know, and would be REALLY interested to hear of those links! x