Please Help! I need a USB cable for my PCMCIA card

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Flocarino, May 16, 2017.

1. Flocarino macrumors member

Flocarino

Hello everyone. Here is my dilemma. I felt nostalgic and wanted to play some old games (Panzer General) so I bought and old Powerbook G3/233 Wallstreet and to my surprise, it came with a MacAlly PCMCIA USB card installed, but it misses the 2-port dongle cable/adapter USB. I try to find a replacement but no luck. The cable looks like the one in the picture. Can someone send me a link or help me where to buy one. Thank you in advance.

Attached Files:

2. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

3. Flocarino thread starter macrumors member

Flocarino

That doesn't help me much. I found that route very expensive....for a cable

4. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

I agree, and the one that I posted was on the high end, I think.
    The problem is that it is not a standard cable, or at least one that is very limited in availability, outside of the device the included it when new.
    Unfortunately, yours is lost, or misplaced by a former owner.

As you may know, the only way to get USB on that Wallstreet is using that, or another similar PCMCIA card.
    The card, without the cable (which is what you have now), is useless.
    It's one of the problems that can appear when you have a unit that uses a non-standard dongle connector.
    And, now you know it is quite hard to find, unless you want to get a full set with a replacement card.
    I did search for the card, and found a variety of links, many on eBay.
    A couple of cheap buys stated "no cable, just card", which doesn't help you either :D

That was the "help" that I offered, perhaps spending a lot of money just to get a cable.

If you find a cable, you will likely need incredible luck to find someone with a long experience in laptops, with a dongle in a junk box somewhere.

5. Flocarino thread starter macrumors member

Flocarino

I'll try my luck with the classified adds as well....maybe, maybe