PLEASE help! I'm desperate...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sdwhite1215, Oct 2, 2010.

1. sdwhite1215 macrumors member

I tried to download and install an app called My Living Desktop. After the installation I got the following wallpaper on my desktop [​IMG] and I can not get it off. I've changed it several times, restarted the computer, and have searched for any files related to the app but cannot locate any. I just got this iMac a few days ago and this issue is really getting me upset. Someone please give me some advice.

Thanks

2. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

Did you run the uninstaller? Looks like something comes in the DMG.

From the readme:
    "
    Uninstall

To completely uninstall My Living Desktop, just click on the rising sun icon in the menu bar on the right and chose Remove Trial. If that option is not available, click on Preferences... instead and select the About tab at the top of the window. You will see a button labeled Remove My Living Desktop.
    "

3. sdwhite1215 thread starter macrumors member

I can't locate any of the files on my system related to the app anymore. It allows me to change the wallpaper but then goes right back to this after 5 minutes or so. Any other advice as to what it may be? Thanks for the response.

4. sup3r1or macrumors regular

Uninstaller can be usually found in Disk Image of the program.

What is this program for? changing wallpapers? I thought you could do that in oSX, if you want animated wallpapers you can do that in Onyx.

5. Cinematographer macrumors 6502a

Cinematographer

6. sdwhite1215 thread starter macrumors member

I fixed it finally. Turns out it was actually another app causing the problem. I appreciate the assistance.