PLEASE HELP, I'm screwed! Lost all contacts/calendar from ip4...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by drkash, Nov 15, 2010.

1. drkash macrumors regular

Quick story short is that my PC (Vista) had a virus and so I had no option apart from installing Vista again and so losing all my data (system restore wouldnt work and PC wouldnt boot).

When I reinstalled iTunes, I synched my iphone and all my contacts and calendar details were deleted! I think it may have been as I stupidly told itunes to replace rather than merge! doh

Now is there any way to get back all that info? I obviously havent got an itunes backup as that was on my last virus infected drive. Does the iphone save old backups on the iphones hard drive which can be accessed?

I've looked at www.iphonebackupextractor.com and http://www.iphonedatarecovery.org/ but not sure if they will fit the bill?

PLEASE ANY IDEAS???

2. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

did you replace the hard drive or just install the new OP system over it? hopefully you replaced it with a new hard drive and OP system. if so you can hook it up to your other HD and sync with it. but using the new one as your OP system. otherwise I think your out of luck.....:(

3. drkash thread starter macrumors regular

I formatted my hard drive before reinstalling the new OS :(

Any other ideas?

4. gnychis macrumors 6502

did you have a gmail account setup through exchange? If so, maybe google has your contacts? www.google.com/contacts

5. drkash thread starter macrumors regular

Nope, I always thought iTunes and outlook were good backups

6. threezero macrumors 6502

your out of luck unless you've got mobile me than....

:( hate it when stuff like this happens. thats why its always good to save your important data on a cloud somewhere

7. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

mine are not on a cloud but I do have them on more than one pc. :D