Please help im stuck im desperate :(

Discussion in 'iPad' started by JAILBREAKER21, Mar 25, 2012.

1. JAILBREAKER21, Mar 25, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2012

JAILBREAKER21 macrumors newbie

i need help now i just bought a ipad off of eBay. But little did i know it had a very bad error 40.thats where u guys come in. i have try all that i could find so if you can give me any advice on what to do it would be great. i have tried DFU mode and recovery(its stuck on connect to itunes) snowbreeze so please help me thank you :)

2. IllIllIll macrumors 6502a

No idea what you just said. Can't believe that was just one big long run-on sentence. Fail.

3. JAILBREAKER21 thread starter macrumors newbie

\

what ever :p

4. xraytech, Mar 25, 2012

xraytech macrumors 68030

Try this 1st

Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Comtent and Settings

Then connect to iTunes "ON ANOTHER COMPUTER"

5. JAILBREAKER21 thread starter macrumors newbie

fixed it ha ha
    :apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:

6. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

actually it wasn't even a sentence [no period :p
    For all you grammer geeks here it is again with punctuation marks; I'm not an English/grammar major so ignore my mistakes ;)

7. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

Shouldn't really be jail breaking if u don't have enough knowledge to get ur self out of a jam. Too many people JB devices without knowing what they are doing. Then something doesnt go as planned and ur stuck. It obvious u have no clue what u r doing because ur post is just 1 big sentence explaining nothing. If I were u I'd try to restore it as new with factory settings and just enjoy it as is....if u can even get it back to normal. :rolleyes:

8. JAILBREAKER21 thread starter macrumors newbie

it`s stuck on connect to itunes but thanks

----------

i dont even know what happened to it so i dont know if it was or wasn't jailbroken

9. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

Just strengthens my point. Why did u change ur original post? And what the heck are u talking about?? Redsn0w and sn0wbreeze are both Jailbreaking tools used for JAILBREAKING and nothing else. Why would u say u tried both of these tools if u have no clue what they mean? I'm not following what u did or what u are doing, and I'm sure no one else can either. So unless u explain what the heck u are talking about, no one is going to be able to tell u. I think u are leaving a BIG hunk of content out of ur story. Either that or u are just trolling since u changed the entire jist of ur post.

10. SteveAbootman macrumors 6502a

SteveAbootman

Have you tried actually reading what Apple support has to say about Error 40? Go though the troubleshooting steps and if that doesn't resolve the issue you should look to return the faulty item to the seller.

From Apple Support

Error 40: This error may indicate a hardware issue with your device, but it is typically caused by out-of-date or incorrectly configured security software. Follow the steps in this article. Also attempt to restore while connected with a known-good 30-pin Dock Connector cable, computer, and network to isolate this issue to the device. The MAC address being missing or the IMEI being the default value, (00 499901 064000 0), can also confirm a hardware issue.

11. mac jones macrumors 68040

12. brand macrumors 601

brand

Is that how you treat all people when asking for help?

13. Bobby.e macrumors 6502

The person just joined today. All of their posts are in 3 different threads about the exact same thing.

14. JAILBREAKER21 thread starter macrumors newbie

no i did not

----------

so can u help please ???

----------

no

15. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

Friendly suggestion: Try the IPad Hacks forum, they are much much more educated about this stuff.

16. IllIllIll macrumors 6502a

Wow, all this just makes me want to help you more...

17. JLee361, Mar 25, 2012

JLee361 macrumors member

Try restoring it with a Mac os computer/laptop. I had the same problem when I set up my iPad for the first time with a windows computer I tried to restore with a Mac and it didn't work, I had to restore it with the same computer I initially set it up with. So if you're trying on a PC, try a Mac and vice versa. If that doesn't work try researching on the Internet, I found multiple solutions so you should try all until one works.

18. JLee361 macrumors member

Oh and if and when you do restore it, you will most likely have lost the jailbreak and will probably be on iOS 5.1 which isn't jailbreakable. So I would contact the seller and see if he still has the .shsh files associated with your iPad so you can downgrade and jailbreak again with tinyumbrella.

19. sectime macrumors 6502a

That was pretty clear in your snippy first post in this thread.:apple: