Please help in Multiple versions of python installation

Discussion in 'macOS' started by rampythonnewbie, Apr 25, 2012.

1. rampythonnewbie macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I am new to python and Mac OS X. I am working on a project that works only on python 2.3.5 version.

Presently i am using mac os x leopard 10.5.8 and it had python 2.5 preinstalled.

Now, i want to install python 2.3.5 as an another version on this machine...

I searched alot and tried many procedures.....still i am getting error in installation...I have to install the second version without using macports and virtualenv....

Can any one help me by specifying how to install multiple versions on mac manually....

Please specify me complete or standard procedure how to install second version and how to switch between them [different versions...]

Thanks in advance && here i am specifying my error....

Error after configure....

Undefined symbols:
    "__dummy", referenced from:
    ld: symbol(s) not found
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

2. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

Have you looked at python.org?

I have python on my Mac as well as on 2 of my iOS devices. I never bothered to look at the version, but I'm sure somebody makes a "self contained" python install you could use to run the version of your choice. I've even seen python running in a browser courtesy of courses offered at udacity.com.

3. rampythonnewbie thread starter macrumors newbie

I am using an application that developed with some of the methods defined in aetools, socket and other modules from python. I think some of the those methods were deprecated in newer versions. So, i need to install that older version that supports my application.

I tried the procedure how to intall multiple versions at "python.org", in that procedure only I'm getting the error:

Undefined symbols:
    "__dummy", referenced from:
    ld: symbol(s) not found
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status