Please help, installation nightmare

Discussion in 'macOS' started by big.birdd, Jan 9, 2008.

1. big.birdd macrumors member

big.birdd

Hiya,
    Just upgraded with upgrade dvd to 10.5 on my imac, unfortunately I didnt verify the disk before I started, and very close to the end it found the language translation or something insignificant to be corrupted or something. It told me to just retry the dvd, this time I verified, but didnt work, dvds screwed.

However, I know have a nearly completed copy of 10.5 on my machine... How do I log in? When i get to the login screen the only icon that is available is "other" and gives me a blank signin option. I have tried my username and password, and it doesnt work,

Please advise!

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

hmm im pretty sure you wont be able to login to leopard if the install didnt finish properly. there would probably be some very technical scripts and unix commands that the isntaller of the DVD does after the install is finished to "stitch" it all up and optimise the files (sorry not very technical :)).

the DVD may very well be faulty so ring Apple about that and have them send another upgrade DVD to you. you also could have some faulty hardware. i remember trying to reinstall Tiger and it didnt finish because of some error. i ended up having the ram replaced and the install went fine.