Please help --> interesting MBA --> osx 10.10 install

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Personavox, Jul 28, 2014.

1. Personavox macrumors newbie

Personavox

Present state
    MacBook Air late 2010

I have installed and was using osx yosemities 10.10

Ran into error and wanted to reinstall.

I have erased drive.

When I use remote recovery command R

My MBA assumes it's a developer account and recovery is set to
    Yosemities. When I attempt to login to my Apple ID to download Yosemites osx 10.10. I get a error --> temporary unavailable.

Note: I'm not a registered developer thus laptop is not registered as developer by unit identification #. Meaning apple would reject @ sever.

MBA has no optical drive. No other Macs In reach.

Don't have a usb.

I have a terabyte enteral hd. Very slow.

What options do I have and how do I proceed to install a OS.

I've attempted to make a bootable drive partition and un partitioned. Failed.

2. bjet767 macrumors 6502a

Oops!

Ok I'm sure you know this is why people do a full Time Machine backup prior to installing a beta OS.

Now that the scolding is over the only thing you can do is find someone with a boot-able USB thumb drive or take your MBA to an Apple Store. Yep it will cost you some money, time and a hassle.

Not the end of the world.

3. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Your MBA is on this list, so assuming you have done software updates and at some point you bought Lion, you should be able to do Internet recovery.

Hold command-option-r (all three at once) when you boot and you should see a screen to select wifi. Once that is done you will see a spinning globe while the 650MB recovery tool downloads. Then you will see this screen.

[​IMG]

Launch Disk Utility and go to the erase tab then select you hard drive brand name at the very top of the left column above any partitions that might be there. Now select Mac OS Extended (Journaled) from the format drop down then apply the changes. This will erase the entire disk to the Mac format.

Now quit Disk Util and click Reinstall OS X. This will DL the 4.7GB Lion OS and install it for you. You will be prompted for the AppleID used to purchase Lion.

Once the install is done and you made an account you can use the App Store app to redownload and install Mavericks if you like.

4. Personavox thread starter macrumors newbie

Personavox

if you are right. Im going to be in you your debt

-->to Wezel.