PLEASE HELP! iPhone 3GS Stuck in Recovery/DFU

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bobbydewald34, Nov 16, 2010.

1. bobbydewald34 macrumors newbie

Hi,

My jailbroken 3GS suddenly went into Recovery/DFU mode and I need to get it out. I don't want to do a restore unless absolutely necessary...it's been a while since I've synced and there's a lot of notes/pictures that I don't want to lose.

Here's my situation:

iPhone 3GS
    3.1.3 jailbroken (yes i know, i never updated to os 4)
    iTunes 9.0.3
    OSX Snow Leopard

PLEASE, if you have any ideas on how to fix it, let me know.

Thanks in advance.

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

3. bobbydewald34 thread starter macrumors newbie

It's an untethered jailbreak. I think I used Spirit to jb. it was so long ago, I can't remember - but it's definitely untethered.

My phone always goes to the "Slide for Emergency" Screen (this one: http://mahmood1.com/attachments/Image/downgrade_os_4_(4).png)

When i click on the "i" icon, it says my IMEI is unknown and my ICCID is unknown. I am on ATT in the US...

Also, when I connect to iTunes, it says i need to enter the passcode on the iPhone, but there is no screen to do that...it's only the slide for emergency screen.

4. b0blndsy macrumors 6502

5. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Your iPhone just needs to be activated if it's on the Emergency Screen.

6. gnychis macrumors 6502

7. bobbydewald34 thread starter macrumors newbie

1. Can I hacktivate without restoring?
    2. Any idea how this emergency screen started? I activated the phone normally originally...(i.e. through iTunes/ATT)

8. gnychis macrumors 6502

i'm not sure, it's kind of odd... because if you're at the emergency screen, it seems to have forgotten about all of your settings? It could be worse than DFU mode

9. bobbydewald34 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm not sure if it's worse than DFU mode. I can put it in DFU mode...but IDK what to do after that.