Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pcs are junk

macrumors 65816
Sep 28, 2009
you cannot restore to anything but 3.1.3, unless you clicked make my life easier in cydia, or if you know your devices 3.1.2 shsh's. this is because apple has stopped signing all previous firmware for the iphone 3gs.

SMKLABEL

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 25, 2010
ok i have a iphone 3gs 32 gb on 3.1.2 and i am just trying to restore it to that what do i do.
i erased alll content on my phone and i get the black circle with the apple logo.
i then put it into dfu mode and i get the same thing what do i do

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
ok i have a iphone 3gs 32 gb on 3.1.2 and i am just trying to restore it to that what do i do.
i erased alll content on my phone and i get the black circle with the apple logo.
i then put it into dfu mode and i get the same thing what do i do

What in the world did you do that for ?

Your only choice is 3.1.3 without a jailbreak

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
If you previously had an untethered jailbreak and you can get your phone into Recovery mode (not DFU) then you might be able to do a sidegrade to a custom 3.1.2 firmware made with PwnageTool. It is very possible, however, that your phone is no longer pwned since you used Erase All Contents and Settings.

blaker13

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2009
lol....

Yes very frustrating when people will not only read anything but yet give less detail to find out anything, you could go back to 3.1.2 if you backed your phone in cydia or want to use pwnage 3.1.5. I wish i could spell as good as the latinist...:) Very poor grammer but i have 3.1.2 running sloid on my iphone 3gs..:)

g2tegg

macrumors member
Sep 5, 2008
you cannot restore to anything but 3.1.3, unless you clicked make my life easier in cydia, or if you know your devices 3.1.2 shsh's. this is because apple has stopped signing all previous firmware for the iphone 3gs.

Soooooo my 3gs screwed up (thanks winterboard!) and I had no other choice but to restore. Phone wouldnt get out of the apple logo. And all I did was uninstall winterboard, which didnt include mobile substrate.
Anyways, I can still ssh into the phone... What are my options? Do I have any? I have searched hi and low. Its been 4 days on a unjailbroken iPhone and Im going NUTS.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

blaker13

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2009
wow...

Once again, not unless you backed up settings in cydia. And dont blame winterboard or any other service you decided to use, read, take action and always back up...:)

SMKLABEL

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 25, 2010
Sorry about the grammer, my iPhone 3g is alll I have. My 27 is iMac is down an out. Thanks for all the help. I have a custom pwnage tool built In 3.1.2.

Couldlt get it to my pc because my mac screen issue. So I downlaoded a torrent offline didn't work.
Take back to apple replace. Maybe

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Sorry about the grammer, my iPhone 3g is alll I have. My 27 is iMac is down an out. Thanks for all the help. I have a custom pwnage tool built In 3.1.2.

Couldlt get it to my pc because my mac screen issue. So I downlaoded a torrent offline didn't work.
Take back to apple replace. Maybe

A 3G does not require SHSH blobs. It can be upgraded and downgraded at will and JB on any firmware.

go to iClarified and get a tutorial for 3G and Mac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.