Please Help. iPhone 4 jailbroken with 6.1.2 stuck in boot loop

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by DerekBird, Jul 5, 2013.

1. DerekBird macrumors newbie

I have a Verizon iPhone 4. Jailbroke it with evasion months ago with everything working fine besides the occasional crashes and sluggishness. Was talking on the phone yesterday, hung up the call and seconds later the phone crashed to the apple logo. It's tries to turn on but never does, it's stuck in a boot loop. I am willing to lose my jailbreak in order to not have to buy a new phone. I have tried to update and restore my iPhone using iTunes but get an error that says "The iPhone could not be restored. This device isn't eligible for the requested build." Please please help.

If I can get my phone turned on and keep my jailbreak that would be nice. But am willing to update to 6.1.3

Have tried:
    Holding the home and sleep buttons together.

Holding the home and sleep buttons together for 10 seconds and then seizing hold on the sleep button to enter DFU mode to restore.

Have tried tinyumbrella (but perhaps didn't do it right?)

2. Dalton63841 macrumors 65816

Dalton63841

Hold the Volume Up button while booting. It SHOULD allow you to boot into safe mode, so you can uninstall tweaks that caused this boot loop.

3. DerekBird thread starter macrumors newbie

I have tried this with no results.

4. Dalton63841 macrumors 65816

Dalton63841

Use Redsnow and choose Fix Recovery. It tends to work a lot better than TU.

5. DerekBird thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried redsn0w recovery fix. And got this error message.

Missing Keys.plist data for this build

Build: iPhone3,3_6.1.2_108146

6. RCCRecording macrumors newbie

Power

Hey, this happened to me on an AT&T iPhone 3GS, a couple of years ago. Make sure when ever you are doing anything to get your phone back to normal, have your phone on a charger and above 50%. It will not work otherwise.

7. DerekBird thread starter macrumors newbie

I've had it plugged to my computer and iTunes reads it at near 100%

8. FatPuppy macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

Every time you use redsn0w, choose ios 6.0 ipsw, for every reboot, dfu or recovery fix. For that of course, download ios 6.0 ipsw for your verizon iphone, "iphone_3.2..." I guess, good luck!

9. anaqvi786 macrumors regular

Well, if you backed up like we all recommend doing, you can put your phone in DFU mode and restore, and restore from backup, and if you have SHSH blobs saved, you can use it to downgrade for a jailbreak. Good luck!