Please help! Iphone 4 stuck and have valuable pics

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by arram, Jul 6, 2011.

1. arram macrumors member

Hi I told my gf today to jailbreak her iphone with jailbreakme.com and i didnt realize her phone was on 4.2.1. So her iphone got stuck on the apple logo. So i went ahead and tried to boot tether with redsnow but that didnt work. Then I installed cydia and that didn;t work. So I tried greenpoision and now it goes to the skull logo then back to the apple logo so that didnt work either. I tried ireb,tinyumbrella, and ifixrecovery but still nothing. Is there a way I can fix this or atleast get my pictures out? Ifunbox didnt recognize it. thanks alot!

2. JetBlack7 macrumors 68020

JetBlack7

Uh oh, someone been naughty with their gf :p

But seriously, I would go to the apple store and ask if they could do it, since that that software may be kaput.

3. arram thread starter macrumors member

Lol no just vacation trips. I don't want to take it to apple since it was jailbroken. Is there no way to recover it?

4. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

I assume you don't have a backup because if you did, just restore as normal.

5. Brenzo macrumors regular

If you didn't back them up, you may be out of luck. At this point, it sounds like you are going to have to do a complete software restore.

Seriously though, and I realize this point is moot, but why would you jailbreak without backing up first? Clearly she's guilty of the same thing if she was running 4.2.x, but still...

The only other possible suggestion is to just plug in and see if your computer recognizes it as a hard drive or if your default photo application opens up and maybe you can grab the photos that way.

Also, please realize that Apple considers the warranty void if you jailbreak and they will likely note this on the account, so be careful about bringing in the phone to the store in hopes that they will be able to salvage the photos.

Best of luck.

6. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

You will likely have to do a full restore in DFU mode. I'm sorry about your loss, but let this be a lesson to all newbies that it is soooooo important to back up on a regular basis.