Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

airmax245

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 7, 2010
can someone please assist me with getting my iphone 4 out of recovery mode? it continuously loops back to the the recovery screen no matter what i do. any suggestions? i am currently running windows and os 4.2.1.

airmax245

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 7, 2010
i kicked it out of recovery so many times and it keeps looping back to the recovery mode.

Comment

IMADV8

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2010
Have you tried booting using Redsn0w? Start Redsn0w with the iPhone off, check "Just boot tethered right now", and follow the prompts.

If that doesn't work, have you tried a full restore? Are there any errors when you do that?

Comment

airmax245

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 7, 2010
Have you tried booting using Redsn0w? Start Redsn0w with the iPhone off, check "Just boot tethered right now", and follow the prompts.

If that doesn't work, have you tried a full restore? Are there any errors when you do that?

Just tried to boot tethered and full jailbreak, no luck......full restore gives me a 1013 error.

Comment

IMADV8

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2010
I had this same issue a couple days ago. Try following this guide. Apparently that's worked for a lot of people.

If that doesn't work, try restoring on another PC. That's what I ended up doing, and everything went fine.

Comment

Steven Jobson

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2011
Did you use the Erase All Content setting option or any other Erase function? What did you install in Cydia?

Comment

airmax245

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 7, 2010
I had this same issue a couple days ago. Try following this guide. Apparently that's worked for a lot of people.

If that doesn't work, try restoring on another PC. That's what I ended up doing, and everything went fine.

Thanks dude, this fixed it.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.