Please help: Iphone Audio problem (NO SOUND!)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by gtx3, May 17, 2008.

1. gtx3 macrumors newbie

I've got my iphone 2/3 weeks ago. Everything fine till 3 days ago.
    Suddently, no sound is being received when making/receiving calls. I only can listen to any calls when plugging in the headset, when connecting the bluetooth headset or putting the call in speakerphone. Otherwise i cannot listen to anyone from the other side .....
    All other functions are ok.... i don't know what more can i do, i've tried almost everything....

please help
    thanks

2. Flhusky macrumors 6502a

Flhusky

Learn to search.... this is an old known issue.
    just plug and unplug the headset a couple times and it will reset the switch that makes the phone think you have headphones plugged in.

3. nyciphoner macrumors newbie

Gee, now why wudn't one think of that?

gyx3
    i've had my iphone since the beginning, well actually on my second one as i dropped the phone and had to pay $250 for new glass screen as the insurance was useless, so they gave me a new one but iv'e been having the audio problems ur having with it....the problem is a bit more complicated, unless u want to stick ur earphones in and out, which on a $500 phone that's not acceptable for me. It's something to do with utube, ipod, cell phone volume confusions. Not on all, but on some. My assistant is getting it resolved for me and i'll let u know we get a proper resolution. best.

4. gtx3 thread starter macrumors newbie

I wish the solution was so simple as that.... unfortunatly it isn't....
    i'm almost sure this is a hardware problem, because i've tried all solutions available on the web... as nyciphoner said, its not acceptable for a $500 phone to be always putting earphones in and out or bluetooth headset in and out... and lucky me because there is no iphone support in my country as it's not being sell in here yet...

5. Shoesy macrumors 6502a

Shoesy

Fluff stuck down your hole.

You've just got a bit of fluff stuck down there out of your pocket. It has happened to me a thousand times. Give it a sucking out and all will be good.

6. gtx3 thread starter macrumors newbie

i've tried to blow couple of times the earpiece and on the headphones jack.
    Now i've got sound, but i almost can't understand what people are saying on the other side....

the sound from the headphones is perfect, as well from the bluetooth headset.
    The only place where sound is corrupted is from the earpiece:

[​IMG]

Have tried this trick also, without success: http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/how_to/4258816.html ( http://luckow.com )

7. pepeto macrumors newbie

solution

i just had that problem and because there was no solution here (didn't look much for other places) i decided to do it on my own.

i use unmic-ed headphones, which also may create the illusion mic doesn't work because in that case you can hear phone calls but other side doesn't hear.

mic obviously works because you can switch to speakerphone and make a normal call, yet neither I could hear people nor they could hear me, so obviously it wasn't hardware problem.

I noticed that sometimes when i plugged my headphones my play sign on top appears as if music is playing. plugged unplugged this **** a couple times and paused it from the iPod of the phone.

Last time that problem happened i had to restore it. That works but it's pain in the ass.

My friend told me that you can just go to settings and go to the reset section and click the buttons there. But i didn't want to lose any of the info i had on my phone such as favorite wireless networks, vocabulary built over time of another language etc.

I remembered last time this happened as phone was connected to computer, so i basically plugged the headphones, plugged the iphone till it beaped on the comptuter, unplugged the phones and dialed voicemail to check if it works...it did work.

its a combination of headphones and computer connection that messes it up i think, so you gotta go the same way to fix that. a bit of playing around fixes it. Good luck ya all :D

8. beeezy macrumors newbie

i have a solution

today, my iPhone stopped making noise von my games and music, it would still ring when called and such, but it acted as if it still had headphones in. after reading the comment about plugging headset in and out, i tried and it didnt work, then, i saw where on another forum someone said to clean out the charging station(no relavence to the sound) so i took a q-tip and made it small enough to fit the small headset hole, and i cleaned it, my phone has been working correctly since. dirt and dust may have collected in your headset hole thing.

hope this helped:apple:

9. Sohailt00 macrumors newbie