Please help! iPhone displays same contact every time call is attempted

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by renegade1751, Jun 12, 2013.

1. renegade1751, Jun 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2013

renegade1751 macrumors newbie

My girlfriend thinks i'm trying to hack her phone because every time she tried to make a call tonight my phone number came up and not the call she was attempting. Her carrier didn't help my case much by just telling her that is very weird and resetting her phone. Sucks because now she thinks I would one, have any clue as to how to do that and two, have any desire to want to do that....Please help, I really love this girl and don't want her thinking I would do something so horrible to her.....Thank you in advance!!!

2. bloutrein macrumors regular

bloutrein

Hi there, this looks like an odd issue. What I understand from your explanation is that your GF tried to call you several times instead of calling another contact on her iPhone. I do not see how this is going to happen unless your girlfriend was tapping on your contact entry in the "Recent" category before she made her calls.

What I'd do is ask her to reproduce the problem while she is with you so that you two can see what exactly is going on while she is trying to place a call.

3. renegade1751 thread starter macrumors newbie

That's close to the problem. What happened is every time she tried to call anyone, only my number would appear on the screen. She thought that maybe I was trying something with her phone as to gaining access. Unfortunately, her provider didn't help relieve that fear and actually hinted to her that might be the problem.

Thanks for your help.

4. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

5. renegade1751 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. Her provider was able to fix it over the phone. I'm curious as to anyone ever having this problem. Her carrier said that its extremely rare, but knowing Iphones I tend to not believe that answer.

6. bloutrein macrumors regular

bloutrein

Happy they resolved it for you. Can you tell us some more details about what their explanation was? I am sure this would help somebody else in the same rare situation.