Please Help.... iPhone doesn't work after Itunes upgrade

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by trevor62491, Aug 5, 2009.

1. trevor62491 macrumors newbie

I have a jail broken iPhone and I accidentally upgraded to the new version of iTunes. My iTunes doesn't recognize my sim card anymore and my iPhone's screen is showing a USB cord and an iTunes logo. It will only let me make emergency calls.

I've tried to restore the phone and I uninstalled iTunes and installed the older version but that didn't work either. Can someone please help, I'm stuck using my old brick Nokia phone now and also lost all my iTunes songs.

2. pelicanflip macrumors 6502a

Another shining example of trying to update without knowing what the heck you're doing.

You tried to update to the newest version for your firmware, i'm assuming, not the newest version of iTunes.

What kind of iPhone are you using?

You can run ultrasnow or redsnow, depending on which.

3. carrieshort13 macrumors newbie

Yes, I had no idea what I was doing...

I too am one of those people who have no idea what I am doing..

I thought I was simply upgrading my software, but since I did that, my iTunes doesn't recognize my sim card anymore and my iPhone's screen is showing a USB cord and an iTunes logo. It will only let me make emergency calls.

I have the Original iPhone, 8GB...

Can you please help? I promise never to touch my phone again if it is fixable! Thank you so much!

-Carrie

4. mediamogul macrumors newbie

I just posted a thread on this issue before I found this one. I too have to original 8gb and getting No Sim. Whats the fix oh mighty moderators? :D

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

When will people going to learn that they should not be updating their iphone firmware if they rely on a software unlock? Or if they dont know what they're doing they should never go for it and hope for the best. Apple will always put out updates trying to stop unlocking and jailbreaking. Once you do the update you may forever or for a very long time lose your unlock and possibly your JB also.

6. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

lamo newbies are a pain which is why i hate updates:rolleyes:

you cant get your phone back unless your an iphone 2g. if your a 3g or 3gs your screwed