PLEASE help! Iphone stuck on loading screen (apple with spinning circle)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by f1r3bug, Apr 16, 2011.

1. f1r3bug, Apr 16, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2011

f1r3bug macrumors newbie

f1r3bug

I was changing my "bottombarknobgray@2x.png" file to a different on on my iphone 4 and when i rebooted, the phone cannot get past the apple, and the spinning activity circle thing. I have rebooted it a couple times but the same result. The icon i loaded is 130x102px, and 33 KB. I made the icon larger because i had read for the 2x icons they are generally double the size of the regular icon. I really do not want to restore it, but of course it that is whats needed, so be it.
    What I am asking is there anything I can do to be able to access the phone and SSH into it so I can remove the added icon and put the old one back?
    THANKS FOR ANYONES HELP!

Attached Files:

2. f1r3bug thread starter macrumors newbie

f1r3bug

so update..

So i can go to recovery mode, but Diskaid will not recognize it, nor will iDemocracy. Does anyone have any ideas?

3. dudeabiding macrumors 6502

dudeabiding

4. violetgoose macrumors member

violetgoose

Have you tried to press the home button and power button simultaneously for several seconds? Don't know if that is the remedy but I always do that when my phone is stuck on a screen. Just happened to me 10 mins ago and now it's perfectly functioning.