Please help : Is macbook pro gonna be replace in 2011 and design change

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by aakarshmadhavan, Jan 16, 2010.

1. aakarshmadhavan macrumors newbie

Hi there,

I'm New to this forum so i don't know a lot about this :)

I have A Few questions :

1.) Will the macbook pro be replaced in 2011 :) ?

2.) Will it have any design change till 2011 :) ?

FACT : I Want to know Because i don't have money right now But as my calculation I Will have money for the 13 inch macbook pro in Mid 2011

Any Answers Will Be Helpful :)

Thanks a Lot :) :apple: :)

2. gorjan macrumors 6502

1) Replaced? As in, will there come new models with better specs? Yes, they usually upgrade the models every 6 months or so.

2) The design will probably stay the same. The last MBP-design lasted for 6 years or so.

3. aakarshmadhavan thread starter macrumors newbie

macbook pro replace in 2011 and design change ?

Hi

Thanks a lot for the reply

I meant will they remove the macbook pro in mid 2011 and change it with another new apple laptop

Please reply to this thread

4. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Sorry, but there is really no way to know the answer to this
    The laptop line will continue to receive refreshes and updates
    And there will be some design changes (like the unibody)
    But what will happen 2 years from now is impossible to predict
    We don't even know what will happen at the event on the 27th of this month

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

5. NeuralControl macrumors 6502a

Of course there will still be Apple notebooks in 2011. The MBPs will probably still be in production. A year and a half is a long time in the technology world. Much can change in that time. We can't tell you if there will be a redesign or what the specs will be. You're just going to have to sit and wait.

6. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

Like somebody else stated it's hard enough to know what apple is doing in a month, let alone next year. But if I had to make an educated guess i would say the unibody design of current MacBooks are here to stay for a while. However internal parts and specs will constantly be upgraded, probably every 6 months or so.

7. chaosbunny macrumors 68000

chaosbunny

I guess the basic unibody design is here to stay for a while, maybe with some design tweaks. Maybe the screen aspect ratio will change to 16:9 from 16:10, since they have done that with the iMacs, but no one knows.

8. Celticfan1 macrumors newbie

13 inch MBP

I personally think that Core 2 duo is fine for almost all the needs of anyone who is considering the 13 inch MBP, but what is some other opinions about this. I am considering getting the 2010 MBP 13 inch for school in January, and have heard rumors about the 2011 model removing the optical drive, but i burn cd's for my car and don't want to have to get a external CD burner or use my wife's. Does anybody who knows about or have the 13 inch have any complaints:apple:

9. DIMEZ macrumors 6502a

DIMEZ

i dont see the design changing until 2012 - 2013

10. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

You are in the right position to buy the 2010 model ... and you should be happy with it for your needs.

The OP stated he would not have the money until mid 2011 ... so he will be happy with the refreshed 2011

IMO ... both machines will look and feel pretty much the same :cool:

11. novella macrumors newbie

When do you think it will be in shops to buy?
    In February/March time?

I got one for my christmas present, and haven't opened yet but realised updates are soon, so i think i will return it and wait till next year!

12. old-wiz macrumors G3

It could be as late as April before Apple even announces new models.

13. freddy-b macrumors regular

iam in the same position as you... i want to get one know.. but i am not sure if the new one will have much newer improvements...

as to the 2011 model... i doubt that they will take out the Optical Drive... i dont think that the 13" i dont think it has any complaints.. its perfect. :)

14. MacGurl111 macrumors 65816

MacGurl111

There will always be something new around the corner for anything, new updates, new technology, new specs, new design. If you're always wanting something "new" you may be disappointed because the next new thing is just waiting to be released....
    If you need it just get it.

15. novella macrumors newbie

Yeah thats the thing i don't need it at the moment, i have an imac which is working fine.

The laptop is just for taking to uni, but i'm in no "need" of one!

I might as well wait!

16. adnoh macrumors 6502a

adnoh

Someone resurrected a thread from January lol!

17. Kyffin macrumors 6502

betcha see it next January too!

18. NickZac macrumors 68000

NickZac

Point proven on the 13!!!!!!!!!11111111

That extra 130MHz gain was probably not worth the wait...

19. Mr. Chewbacca macrumors 6502a

Mr. Chewbacca

This is pretty funny, the OP was asking what changes were going to happen 18 months later. Not much changed, guess it wouldnt have been worth the wait, if he had the money at the time.

Makes me feel silly for waiting for the refresh but I just cant help it. Its giving me time to put aside a little extra cash, making buying an iPad, 17" MBP and an Apple TV on the same day a little easier.

It is taking some restraint to not just march to the store and get them today.

20. njoy444 macrumors newbie

I personally think that all apple laptops will eventually be replaced by one thin ultralight very powerful tablet, without buttons, which eleminates the need for laptops. In 5-10 years from now maybe.
    For 2011 I think that the white macbook will be taken out of production and that only the macbook pro's will remain, and that improved versions in the second half of 2011 will be offered, after release of the Ipad version 2.
    Probably this year or next year all hard drives will be replaced by solid hard drives. Also probably this year or next year the optical drive will be removed, or at least there will be one version without optical drive.
    Also the macbook air will be improved and when the time comes its specs are competing with the macbook pro, the macbook pro will be replaced by the macbook air pro. And as I said, eventually in 5-10 years all laptops will be replaced by ultrapowerfull tablets without buttons. That is my vision of Apple's future.

21. vipergts2207 macrumors 65816

vipergts2207

I personally think that it's funny that both necro posts in this thread started out with the same exact phrase. Necro posts ftl.

22. ColeHarris macrumors regular

"The new MacBook Air - The next generation of MacBooks"

23. WillEH, Feb 8, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2011

WillEH macrumors 6502a

WillEH

I'm looking to upgrade to a MacBook Pro. I understand that new models will be released mid 2011? I have no limit to spend, but would prefer ProBook i7. 8GB, etc.

Is it worth to wait for new "rumoured" laptops to be released, or go with the current i7.

Thanks,

24. Jdstew1234 macrumors regular

There will be an update or they will replace it with a new line. We don't know for sure but there will be something