Please help! I've bricked my iPhone...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by qmechan, Jan 18, 2011.

1. qmechan macrumors newbie

I've bricked my iPhone and I sorta need it to do school/work/live.

Model: iPhone 4 running 4.2.1
    Jailbreak Method: redsn0w .9.6 b4

Current status: Last night, as I was heading to bed, I noticed the home button not working. Sometimes this happens so I reboot. I shut the phone off intending to restart it tethered, but it got stuck on the apple screen (with the progress ring not moving). Nothing would reboot it--not the DFU reboot, nothing. It's like the buttons didn't even register. I plugged it into my computer, but that just caused iTunes to freeze up. I waited for it to run out of power, but when I tried recharging, it just came back to the same screen with the same problem. PLEASE, PLEASE HELP! I'm a university student desperate for assistance and I can't really afford a new phone right now. Thanks in advance!

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

3. qmechan thread starter macrumors newbie

4. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

You should always be able to get into DFU mode. If not, it's because the buttons are physically broken. Take it into an apple store and try to get it replaced. If the phone is completely unusable then there shouldn't be any way for them to determine you're jailbroken.

5. gigapocket1 macrumors 6502a

yeah, if u cant get it into dfu mode then theirs something is wrong with the device. If u cant get it to boot out, theither can they and they will just replace it